What Does "vdp" Mean In Source When Capturing

timj

Question

Okay,

you guys were great in helping on an reinstall issue, so help me again.

When I attempt to import video from my DVD drive (laptop), in the box where I would normally select camcorder, or capture card, etc, it always comes up VDP for source, then I get a "unknown capure error" message and it repeatedly comes up as I attempt to select my "F' drive as a source.

That was why I uninstalled the program to begin with. Many times the ultimate solution is a complete uninstall and reinstall the program.

so you know, that has been done.

I can load this same dvd video into my desktop, but cannot do it on the laptop.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

i720 6MB Ram

Radeon HD 5650 with 1GB ram

1 TB HD

etc etc

Please help me as quickly as you did the last time.

Tim

7 answers to this question

Okay,

you guys were great in helping on an reinstall issue, so help me again.

When I attempt to import video from my DVD drive (laptop), in the box where I would normally select camcorder, or capture card, etc, it always comes up VDP for source, then I get a "unknown capure error" message and it repeatedly comes up as I attempt to select my "F' drive as a source.

That was why I uninstalled the program to begin with. Many times the ultimate solution is a complete uninstall and reinstall the program.

so you know, that has been done.

I can load this same dvd video into my desktop, but cannot do it on the laptop.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

i720 6MB Ram

Radeon HD 5650 with 1GB ram

1 TB HD

etc etc

Please help me as quickly as you did the last time.

Tim

Take your pick from below

AcronymDefinitionVDPVariable Data PrintingVDPVerband Deutscher PfandbriefbankenVDPVariable Data PublishingVDPVideo Display ProcessorVDPVisual Descent PointVDPVan der Pol (equation)VDPSt. Vincent de PaulVDPvideo datagram protocolVDPVillage Defense Party (Bangladesh)VDPVisual Day PlannerVDPVehicle Development ProcessVDPVideo Disk PlayerVDPVillage Development ProgramVDPVideo Decompression ProcessorVDPVascular Disease ProgramVDPVerband Deutscher Prädikatsweingüter eV (Association of German Prädikat Wine Estates)VDPVehicle Down for PartsVDPVoluntary Departure PlanVDPVehicle Deadlined for PartsVDPVava'u Development Programme (EU)VDPVendor Direct Program

Okay.....I already did that and got a lot of different meanings for VDP....BUT AS TO MY ISSUE...does ANYONE have a real explanation why I cannot import video from my dvd drive

Serious responses are always appreciated.....

Okay.....I already did that and got a lot of different meanings for VDP....BUT AS TO MY ISSUE...does ANYONE have a real explanation why I cannot import video from my dvd drive

Serious responses are always appreciated.....

Could you explain exactly what you are trying to do and what you are doing? What kind of DVD is it:, if yo data, videomusic, or what?

Generally you just copy the video from the DVD to your hard drive if you want to use it in any video project. There is no capturing required.

What do you find on the disc when you use the desktop? Do you see video?

Are the specs you gave for the desktop or laptop?

What programs are on your desktop that are not on your laptop? Look for data/video editing/writing/printing programs.

I can put in the dvd and Windows player or another program, will play the video just fine.

the specs are for my laptop.

The dvd comes from a live production, that was recorded unto a DVD recorder and finalized. The format it goes into always have files labeled, "Video_TS" That is why, instead of just copying an MPEG file into Roxio, I have to capture, so I can save as MPEG 2, and then edit.

This laptop came with a Cyberlink video program, as well as a Corel video program. I thought perhaps Roxio was jealous and wouldn't operate with other video progams on board, so I did delete them and got the same results.

Once again, my main issue is that whenever I attempt to capture video, it always shows a 'VDP' for source. Normally, when that program opens up, you can do the drop down to select your source. I cannot do that and need to know what to do

I appreciate the groups help in this.

Tim

I can put in the dvd and Windows player or another program, will play the video just fine.

the specs are for my laptop.

The dvd comes from a live production, that was recorded unto a DVD recorder and finalized. The format it goes into always have files labeled, "Video_TS" That is why, instead of just copying an MPEG file into Roxio, I have to capture, so I can save as MPEG 2, and then edit.

This laptop came with a Cyberlink video program, as well as a Corel video program. I thought perhaps Roxio was jealous and wouldn't operate with other video progams on board, so I did delete them and got the same results.

Once again, my main issue is that whenever I attempt to capture video, it always shows a 'VDP' for source. Normally, when that program opens up, you can do the drop down to select your source. I cannot do that and need to know what to do

I appreciate the groups help in this.

Tim

Just copy the files from the DVD to your computer. Look for the VOB files and use those in Video Wave. VOB files are the same as mpg2 files.

Okay, I learned a bit about VDP. It refers to VDP Source, and has to do with 'bluetooth enabled devices' and getting video from them.

I think Roxio 'doesn't like' bluetooth. My new laptop has WiFi, and also bluetooth. That is why I could capture video on my old desktop (no bluetooth), but couldn't do it on my laptop. After seeing the connection of bluetooth and VDP and the capture error, I disabled bluetooth from the Device Manager. Now when I first load the capture utility, it still 'defaults' to VDP Source along with the 'error' message, but now I can go to the dropdown menu and select my source. As I am writing this I am capturing video from a dvd player, connected thru Roxio capture USB device...no problem

Just wanted to pass that on if anyone else has a bluetooth computer....disable if you want to capture video.

I welcome any observations from others on this situation.

tim

Archived