Videowave Crashes

JohnM67

Question

Hi all, I am having an issue with VideoWave (C11) crashing in the middle of a session. Windows 7 terminates the process and of course all work up to this point is lost. I have taken to saving about every 10-15 minutes. The failure seems to be random i.e. while adding a ‘text effect’, ‘add transition’ changing the color on a panel, etc. Also, it does not happen every session. In the particular session shown in the attachment there are 235 slides. I am developing a slide show. The slides I am using in this production are somewhat large (2meg). I know they do not need to be that big. I just have not bothered to resize them. This is not the only production that fails. Memory usage does not seem to be the issues as the session(s) do not exceed 50%.

I manage to get the information below from the event logs. I looked one error up and it appears to be a ‘Heap’ error. Also, I have not found any dump files.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-12-30T03:25:22.000000000Z

EventRecordID 4526

Channel Application

Computer Victoria

Security

- EventData

MyDVD13.exe

4c445eb7

MyDVD13.exe

4c445eb7

00007e82

b6c

01cba7d12a52ee16

c:\program files (x86)\roxio 2011\videoui\MyDVD13.exe

c:\program files (x86)\roxio 2011\videoui\MyDVD13.exe

6eef0ce5-13c4-11e0-986b-0021706b2bf5

Faulting application name: VideoWave13.exe, version: 8.0.0.47, time stamp: 0x4c776a48

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b29c

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000cdc9b

Faulting process id: 0xf58

Faulting application start time: 0x01cbadec3fcd1e39

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio 2011\VideoUI\VideoWave13.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 07dbfeb4-19e4-11e0-8fc0-0021706b2bf5

post-4111-052432100 1294426981.jpg

5 answers to this question

Are you using Internet Explorer 9 beta? If so uninstall it and revert back to IE8. I had a similar problem and found IE9 beta to be the cause, I am now using IE8 and have had no further issues with Videowave.

Les.

Are you using Internet Explorer 9 beta? If so uninstall it and revert back to IE8. I had a similar problem and found IE9 beta to be the cause, I am now using IE8 and have had no further issues with Videowave.

Les.

To include the post you are replying to in your post, click on "reply" and then type your response after the quoted text.

Well gee I stumped the Gurus :o , but then again Roxio support could not provide solution either other than reinstall which is what eventually worked. And Gurus don’t fret (I know you won’t) it is tough to provide help on a problem with no direct access and limited knowledge on how my system is configured. I think I have reviewed every install topic posted in this forum and I have learned a lot. I followed the suggestions posted by Jim H., Skins, and Candteek and it is obvious you have been around the block with this product in all its incarnations.

I opened this thread on January 7 and was surprised that I did not receive many responses. I decided to try Roxio support via the internet options. I submitted my issue clearly and concisely. I included install logs and screen shots of the messages I received. IMHO the responses I received did not contribute to the final solution. :(

In all fairness I believe the problem could be with the download version I was installing. However the original install worked for about 3 months and I do not planning testing at this time. I purchase a second copy of C2011 a few weeks ago for my laptop. Again a download but I ordered a backup disk! The laptop is working fine (knock on wood!)

Now for my steps in re-installing C2011.

1. Un-installed all Roxio products using Revo un-installer with the ‘advanced’ option. Re-booted when asked.

2. Removed all folders established by Roxio (used some information from the forum).

3. Used Registry Crawler to remove all Roxio/Sonic entries from the registry. Six were left in the registry and I believe are for native CD/DVD writing. ?

4. Re-booted the System

5. Went into MSCONFIG and stopped all start up programs.

6. Re-booted the system.

7. Stopped Microsoft Security and Ad-Aware. Used task manager to be sure they were not lurking around.

8. This took about an hour to complete.

9. Used the backup disk from the laptop C2011 purchase and began the install.

a. Base product first, reboot

b. Content second, reboot.

c. Down load SP1 install and reboot.

10. Started C2011 and low and behold it worked… with one minor exception. QTCF.DLL was missing. This was probably due to the aggressive nature of Revo and/or Reg Crawler. A quick check in Google and a solution was found. I ‘repaired’ Apple/Quicktime apps. Rebooted and all worked.

11. I produced a slide show I had been working on and all is well. :)

THE END

One exception VideoWave terminated abnormally again but I applied a solution from the forum that I used on the laptop and it seemed to correct the problem. I just need to find it.

Again IMHO, Creator 2011 is a great product for the price. And if it was not for the Forum I don’t think I would be using Roxio. Not sure what I would be using but having the ability to contact other users is a major help. :)

John M

Les.

No I am using IE8.

Archived