Converting Video...

Gnomechucks

Question

I tried converting a dvd formatted video using the video copy & convert, and it takes the normal widescreen look and changes it to the old style aspect, and now it looks squished. I kept the same resolution from the original video of 720 x 480. I used MPEG 2, 29.97 framerate. I am also just using the "Video" type of option at the very end of the scroll list of types (Zune, Playstation, Blu-Ray etc...) Should I be using a different one so the aspect stays the same? If so, which one? Thanks!

5 answers to this question

my source files are from a dvd movie I already own, with the encryption already stripped off it. After I de-encrypt the movies, they work fine in Windows Media Player. Once Roxio converts the file, it goes from a slight widescreen to a complete box, with everything smashed in from the sides.

I am converting my movie collection into MPG/WMV files so my Western Digital Hard Drive player can play them on my tv any time I want. I don't want the hassle of having bookcases full of dvd's and cases. I own all my movies, and am not sharing them. I just want to convert them and store the source discs in the basement.

my source files are from a dvd movie I already own, with the encryption already stripped off it. After I de-encrypt the movies, they work fine in Windows Media Player. Once Roxio converts the file, it goes from a slight widescreen to a complete box, with everything smashed in from the sides.

I am converting my movie collection into MPG/WMV files so my Western Digital Hard Drive player can play them on my tv any time I want. I don't want the hassle of having bookcases full of dvd's and cases. I own all my movies, and am not sharing them. I just want to convert them and store the source discs in the basement.

That is illegal in most parts of this world!

Talk of it cannot be discussed on the Roxio website.

This thread will closed..

I tried converting a dvd formatted video using the video copy & convert, and it takes the normal widescreen look and changes it to the old style aspect, and now it looks squished. I kept the same resolution from the original video of 720 x 480. I used MPEG 2, 29.97 framerate. I am also just using the "Video" type of option at the very end of the scroll list of types (Zune, Playstation, Blu-Ray etc...) Should I be using a different one so the aspect stays the same? If so, which one? Thanks!

What are you trying to accomplish?

Why are you converting and to what format do you want to convert? What do you mean by DVD formatted video?

Archived