• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Moving Files On Computer

crosby2008

Question

I have several video productions that I am working on and would like to be able to add to them as time goes on. I have been keeping all of my media files on an external hard drive, but I just purchased a new computer with 2 terabytes of space and would like to be able to move my media files onto it. Is there a way I can do so without breaking links in my unsaved productions?

1 answer to this question

I have several video productions that I am working on and would like to be able to add to them as time goes on. I have been keeping all of my media files on an external hard drive, but I just purchased a new computer with 2 terabytes of space and would like to be able to move my media files onto it. Is there a way I can do so without breaking links in my unsaved productions?

The short answer is no. But, if you are using VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced), then you can open your production, at which time, VideoWave won't be able to find the files, but you can then direct VideoWave to the location of the files, on the external hard drive. When VideoWave sees that location, you should be good to go.

After you direct VideoWave, to find the first file, it should find the rest too, so that you don't have to repeat the process for all of the files in the production. (That is, if all of the files are in the same folder.)

Archived