• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Cd & Dvd Burning Won't Install

celticbox

Question

I am trying to install Easy CD & DVD, red box with Min7 logo on the box. I am running Win 7 Pro. The installation gets almost through (95%) green bar on the status bar) Error message says "You must install Easy Media Creator 10 before installing content". I check OK and then it says installation was interrupted. I even tried it with Norton anti-virus killed. I am using Firefox. One comment has been the IE9 & Roxio installation don't play well together. I know IE8 is junk and if I knew how to uninstall it I would. Where is the warning on the box that I have to have another program before I can install it? How about a refund?

3 answers to this question

I am trying to install Easy CD & DVD, red box with Min7 logo on the box. I am running Win 7 Pro. The installation gets almost through (95%) green bar on the status bar) Error message says "You must install Easy Media Creator 10 before installing content".

<snip>

Where is the warning on the box that I have to have another program before I can install it? How about a refund?

The program you have is a cut-down version of the old Easy Media Creator 10 which has been modified so it will run under Windows 7.

The error you're seeing is an old EMC10 error which was meant to show if you tried to install disc #2 [content] before disc #1 [Program].

I don't know what caused that error to be invoked, but there is NO Content disc for this cut-down Easy CD and DVD Burning, and you don't have to install anything else before you install Easy CD and DVD burning.

The only KnowledgeBase information I can find on this error is a KB article about the same error popping up in Creator 2009 because someone left some old code in C2009, so I don't think that will help us.

The refund might be a good idea for you. See the vendor who sold you the program.

The "cure" for EMC 10 is to delete this Key in Registry then install:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{612B5D2E-8084-4102-91DE-24281E4EFB2C}

If using a 64 bit OS, then look for following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{612B5D2E-8084-4102-91DE-24281E4EFB2C}

Of course the usual cautions apply, backing up the key before deleting ;) Also make sure that the entire path shows up and is a character for character match!!!

I did check these Keys and they are present as shown in the Win7 Registries.

Archived