• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing Certificate

boongsong

Question

I followed the instructions in jonatsonic's post http://forums.support.roxio.com/user/5178-jonatsonic/

After downloading, putting on desktop and extracting is I get the window for resetting missing cerificate but when I click on it all I get is a small "ding" then nothing happens.

How do I resolve the missing ceertificate problem so I can reinstall Creator 2010?

post-75160-064386000 1294717941.png

Edited by boongsong

10 answers to this question

What do you see if you open it in full screen or at least so you can read all of it?

Did you try running Creator 2010. What did you expect to happen?

The atttachment that you see, in my previous post, is what I get when I open the extracted file and click on run. It will not open to full screen nor can I enlarge it by putting the cursor on the edges and try to fill the screen.

After waiting a few minutes, I close it out and then open Creator and everytime I get the errors shown in the three atchs. I really expected it to make Creator whole again. Alas! no luck

I just know that if I can get the certificate problem fixed, I'll have my Creator back.

Will update my support ticket on this and see what they say.

post-75160-049833400 1294752565.png

post-75160-063481400 1294752587.png

post-75160-030914000 1294752618.png

Edited by boongsong

Use the Prep Steps.

Uninstall 2010.

Run the RepairLicenseC2010.zip (this should take several seconds)

Install Creator 2010.

Sometimes it takes a little more to get it to work than the rest of us needed…

Thanks Jim for your input.

I follwed your link "prep steps" updated/installed everything that I could. Uninstalled Creator, ran the Repair License, clicked on Reset Time and License, reinstalled Creator. Same result - missing or corrupted certificate, no permission to launch. All elements are there but only PS works.

Even had a direct response from jonatsonic and followed his suggestions. Did a compatibility check and the atch shows what it said.

I guess this will remain an unsolved mystery. I'm giving-up now. We've been at this since 12/25 and I'm worn out. Got no more incentive to pursue this as I don't foresee any solution.

Thanks for your inputs and my thanks to skinis as well.

You all have a good one.

post-75160-096994900 1294786636.png

hi, i dont know if this will help( but ive had big time trouble with "certificate file missing or corrupt" creator 2010 on XP.it loaded up perfectly ok on my windows 7 laptop .I gather it dont like McAFEE, i did a clean up ROXIO KNOWLEDGE BASE 000206) then fetched the 9REPAIR LICENCE 000244).in all cases the McAfee has to be totally SWITCHED OFF( basically you HAVE to follow every stage ,with NO short cuts, its taken me a long,long time...i hope this may help ;)

hi, i dont know if this will help( but ive had big time trouble with "certificate file missing or corrupt" creator 2010 on XP.it loaded up perfectly ok on my windows 7 laptop .I gather it dont like McAFEE, i did a clean up ROXIO KNOWLEDGE BASE 000206) then fetched the 9REPAIR LICENCE 000244).in all cases the McAfee has to be totally SWITCHED OFF( basically you HAVE to follow every stage ,with NO short cuts, its taken me a long,long time...i hope this may help ;)

Turning off your AV is part of the Prep Steps link ;)

You should only have to do this Once, if the problem reoccurs, you have another program (reg cleaner) destroying your Registry…

boongsong did get it installed and has since moved on to other problems :(

jim hi,... the only trouble is you buy the disc and theres nothing about all the pre-work (AV stop etc).it would help everyone if roxio included instructions on a proper installation rather than throwing it at the pc and hope it works! :blink:

• Like 1

jim hi,... the only trouble is you buy the disc and theres nothing about all the pre-work (AV stop etc).it would help everyone if roxio included instructions on a proper installation rather than throwing it at the pc and hope it works! :blink:

It does work on 99% of the PCs and those ‘steps’ are unnecessary! You overlook the fact that there are millions sold and installed worldwide every year!

So the few postings here are hardly representative of what the vast majority experience…