Certificate File Missing Or Corrupt

Country Strong

Question

Roxio, please acknowledge there is a problem installing C2011 on computers that had previous versions of Creator, even after they were uninstalled.

If you look at customer reviews of C2011 on Amazon.com, 20 out of 27 are the lowest possible score!

C2010 was working fine, but I decided to upgrade. I tried for days to install C2011 on my computer, following all of the instructions given to me by tech support.

So to see if the installation disc was OK, I installed C2011 on a computer that had never had any Roxio software. I didn't even bother to disable security or background programs. It installed perfectly & runs great.

It is an awesome program, & I want it for my computer. Why can't Roxio make the installation ignore everything that is left behind by uninstalled products?

Is that asking too much?

2 answers to this question

This is a users web site where Roxio pays the bills but does doesn not come here often. I'm almost positive that maybe one from the engineering design team comes here when he can. You are probably yelling into the wind by posting the suggestion here.

I assume that you did uninstall Creator 2010 according to the clean install procedure or used REVO Uninstaller to get rid of all the Roxio and Sonic entries? If you did, there should have been no leftovers. How do you know there were?

You titled this thread Certificate file missing or corrupt. Is that still the issue on that other computer? Did you look at the pinned posts at the top of this section of the forum? If so, perhaps you missed this (link)?

Roxio, please acknowledge there is a problem installing C2011 on computers that had previous versions of Creator, even after they were uninstalled.

If you look at customer reviews of C2011 on Amazon.com, 20 out of 27 are the lowest possible score!

C2010 was working fine, but I decided to upgrade. I tried for days to install C2011 on my computer, following all of the instructions given to me by tech support.

So to see if the installation disc was OK, I installed C2011 on a computer that had never had any Roxio software. I didn't even bother to disable security or background programs. It installed perfectly & runs great.

It is an awesome program, & I want it for my computer. Why can't Roxio make the installation ignore everything that is left behind by uninstalled products?

Is that asking too much?

Reviews on Amazon really mean nothing.

I installed C2011 on a computer that had C2010 and EMC 10 installed. There were no problems with installing and running each version. The only thing that happened is tha the Cineplayer from C2011 replaced the older versions.

Since I only need C2011, I uninstalled all three versions and then reinstalled C2011 and everything is working fine. There is something else going on with your syste/install that interferes with your install.

Archived