• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Changed Update Procedure?

survivor

Question

Hello all,

I have recently had to reinstall my computer from scratch, and in so doing all my software including Creator 2010 Pro. Installation was with no problems on a Win 7 Home Premium HP Pavilion Elite 127-c system with 8 GB ram and 1TB hdd. But when using the Check for updates menu item I get one of two errors both relating to not being "registered" with "FLEXNet Connect". I wrote Roxio support and after having explained that I WAS able to get SP2 and such from Roxio's web site, they answered that I should do just that; they did not, however, answer whether Roxio had or had not changed their update procedure by shutting off the ability to get updates from within Creator, and if they did why there was no notification about this. Nor did I find anything on the forums referencing updates being a problem for others. Has anyone else seen anything similar to this?

As long as I can get updates this is no big thing, it just seems odd to get rid of automatic update checking from within the program.

3 answers to this question

Usually when this message pops up (there have been lots of posts about this) your pop-up blocker or firewall is enabled. Shut down the Firewall and/or antivirus while trying the update.

You are correct, sir! It was the firewall (I use Comodo). It's a shame Roxio support didn't know this... but no surprise, really. Of course their "fix" was to uninstall and reinstall, even though I told them I had just done that.

Thanks bunches,

Hello all,

I have recently had to reinstall my computer from scratch, and in so doing all my software including Creator 2010 Pro. Installation was with no problems on a Win 7 Home Premium HP Pavilion Elite 127-c system with 8 GB ram and 1TB hdd. But when using the Check for updates menu item I get one of two errors both relating to not being "registered" with "FLEXNet Connect". I wrote Roxio support and after having explained that I WAS able to get SP2 and such from Roxio's web site, they answered that I should do just that; they did not, however, answer whether Roxio had or had not changed their update procedure by shutting off the ability to get updates from within Creator, and if they did why there was no notification about this. Nor did I find anything on the forums referencing updates being a problem for others. Has anyone else seen anything similar to this?

As long as I can get updates this is no big thing, it just seems odd to get rid of automatic update checking from within the program.

Usually when this message pops up (there have been lots of posts about this) your pop-up blocker or firewall is enabled. Shut down the Firewall and/or antivirus while trying the update.

I will try this, thanks. But I have done updates before with both Comodo firewall and Avira antivirus running with no problems. But I'll try and let ya know.

Archived