• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Drive Detected

LMI

Question

I am using creator 2010 with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Roxio recognizes my drive to burn a movie to a dvd-r,but when I try to burn a data disc or ISO image it shows no drive detected. I have downloaded a recommended px engine 4 type fix but that did not help. Previously I already had uninstalled and re-installed the drive but of course that wasn't the problem either. Any thoughts? Thanks much.

LMI

10 answers to this question

I have tried installing the px engine described to system32 and running the command with a reboot. No drive detected is still the result. I am running windows 7 64 bit and the command was for vista help but that probably doesn't matter. Any other ideas as it will not recognize any drive internal or external for burning a disc. It is recognized for making a dvd with creator 2010.

Thanks again.

LMI

I have tried installing the px engine described to system32 and running the command with a reboot. No drive detected is still the result. I am running windows 7 64 bit and the command was for vista help but that probably doesn't matter. Any other ideas as it will not recognize any drive internal or external for burning a disc. It is recognized for making a dvd with creator 2010.

Thanks again.

LMI

Is the drive seen in My Computer?

You downloaded the zip file unziped it and the .exe went into the system32 folder?

Any error messages or completed messages?

px engine zipped and unzipped.

A couple of px engine installation screens, did you see these?

post-97-098298500 1295199383.jpg

post-97-030532400 1295216563.jpg

post-97-090298000 1295216563.jpg

Well the "no disc" and burning issues are fixed. I was going to uninstall the program and decided to use the repair option again and that did it! Perhaps reinstalling the pxengine was a key, and was picked up with the repair process. Whatever the case it is working now. Thanks for the comments folks.

LMI

I am having the same problem as Newbie. Windows 7 64 bit. " No Drive Detected". Drive is working fine with other applications.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

# 7 in my signature. Drive Not Recognized By Roxio,<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update

I got the icon on the right but not the book icon when I unzipped the file. I tried the px engine from the desktop and system 32. When I paste the command to run it, it will not accept the command. When I try to run the px engine it says px.ini. file missing. No matter where I extract it to I get the same thing when trying to run it (.ini. file missing). Any ideas?

Did I mention that Roxio does detect my drive to rip files from a DVD? If I choose to add a video for editing it recognizes my drive. Only for burning does it not recognize it. The drive is recognized by every other program.

Thanks, LMI

I am using creator 2010 with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Roxio recognizes my drive to burn a movie to a dvd-r,but when I try to burn a data disc or ISO image it shows no drive detected. I have downloaded a recommended px engine 4 type fix but that did not help. Previously I already had uninstalled and re-installed the drive but of course that wasn't the problem either. Any thoughts? Thanks much.

LMI

Have you considered that you may need a firmware update to the drive?

When you unzip the ZIP file [which will probably have a 'book' icon] into the \Windows\system32 folder, the 'icon on the right' should appear in the \Windows\System32 folder, rather than on the desktop.

Once that has been done, paste this command

pxengine4_18_16a /PXHELPONVISTA

into your Start > Run dialog, like this:

post-208-073835700 1296194347.jpg

and click OK to RUN it. Being in capitals or lower case doesn't matter.

When you do that, you should get this sequence of screens back as the installer works:

post-208-031717900 1296195002.jpg

post-208-054301400 1296195014.jpg

post-208-069452200 1296195026.jpg

If you don't get these three screens, the re-installation hasn't been done.

In that case there's no point going further. Backtrack and make sure the pxengine4_18_16a.exe file is in \Windows\System32, and make sure you've pasted and run the bolded command above, letter-perfect.

If you still can't make the installer run, come back here and we'll work through that.

By the way, the reading of discs to rip is done by Windows Explorer rather than the Roxio program, and this PX engine is needed to recognize discs for writing. The fact that the ripper can still read discs is unrelated to the PX problem.

Regards,

Brendon

Have you considered that you may need a firmware update to the drive?

Thanks and I have done the search through HP for updates for the drive and am told no new updates are available. Are you suggesting something different?

LMI

Thanks and I have done the search through HP for updates for the drive and am told no new updates are available. Are you suggesting something different?

LMI

Stick to the PC manufacturer if the drive came installed with the PC. OEM drives even with the same drive ID as a Retail drive are different and flashing retail firmware to a OEM drive could cost you the drive!

Download the PXEngine updater pxengine4_18_16a and unzip/unrar it into the C\Windows\system32 folder

Hold down the “Windows Key” and then press R to activate the RUN command..

Copy and paste this command in the open box, pxengine4_18_16a /PXHELPONVISTA and click OK.

Reboot the PC and see if things are fixed.

Archived