Selectable Installation Components

Dante

Question

I've been advised by Roxio support that there is no capability for the user to pick and choose the specific components within the Creator 2010 suite. Essentially, it is an 'all or nothing' install with no ability to select individual components (also cannot selectively uninstall). I've no need for all the components (many are provided by a variety of other tools) and do not wish to bloat my system memory with unnecessary apps-

Anyone had any luck or know of a recommended way to install/remove specific components from the Creator 2010 system? 1.6GB is way too much....

Dante

2 answers to this question

Anyone had any luck or know of a recommended way to install/remove specific components from the Creator 2010 system? 1.6GB is way too much....

The installer for C2010 installs everything.

You may want to have a look at THIS TOPIC where user EJones happily removed everything except Creator Classic 12 from his C2010.

Post #12 is the one to read. If you have the skills you might want to try it, but be warned that if you're caught Roxio will disavow all knowledge Mr Phelps. :lol:

This is an unsanctioned hack and the Company will not be held responsible for anything you do.

Regards,

Brendon

I've been advised by Roxio support that there is no capability for the user to pick and choose the specific components within the Creator 2010 suite. Essentially, it is an 'all or nothing' install with no ability to select individual components (also cannot selectively uninstall). I've no need for all the components (many are provided by a variety of other tools) and do not wish to bloat my system memory with unnecessary apps-

Dante

Your system memory does not get bloated with unnecessar apps. They are installed on your hard drive and only the apps you want to use are loaded into memory. If you are worried about 1.6GB then it is time to get a bigger hard drive.

Archived