Converting Dcpf Files To Ipod

Joan 730

Question

I used to be able to convert my recorded tv to mpeg4 now I cannot do that. This how I used to do the conversion:

Convert add movies highlight show ok program starts with remux after show is done go to format mpeg4 file-folder save as my movies as show starts encoding to mpeg4 Save compilation Yes in my movies save as DCPF file is in the save as box.

when I chedk the Mpeg4 file it is MAQ00002 and will not open as mpeg4 It doesn't save as a mpeg4 file it saves it as a DCPF file. I can't figure this out I used to be able to convert my recorded tv to mpeg4 without any problems. Thanks, Joan

20 answers to this question

I used to be able to convert my recorded tv to mpeg4 now I cannot do that. This how I used to do the conversion:

Convert add movies highlight show ok program starts with remux after show is done go to format mpeg4 file-folder save as my movies as show starts encoding to mpeg4 Save compilation Yes in my movies save as DCPF file is in the save as box.

when I chedk the Mpeg4 file it is MAQ00002 and will not open as mpeg4 It doesn't save as a mpeg4 file it saves it as a DCPF file. I can't figure this out I used to be able to convert my recorded tv to mpeg4 without any problems. Thanks, Joan

HUH? What program, in EMC 9 did you use, that showed it starting with remux?

How is anybody supposed to understand the bolded part?

Test - read that bolded sentence to your significant other? As is, no inflections or clarifications !

DCPF files are older Sonic files:

"Project file created by older versions of Roxio disc software; contains settings for copying a disc; includes the input video content, the output disc format, and other settings; used for converting and burning discs."

Ttypically the project files do not have any real video attached. They are typically roadmaps to a project. You usually get that if you select to "save as". It creates the project file that you can open it and work on it again.

You posted in EMC 9 areaq. Is that what your have? In whatever application you are using, do you see a command to "output as"?

This is how I did it previously and it worked fine:

Open EMC9 go to Convert

Left side Add Movie

Recorded tv added “

News” movie downloaded

Right side Format

Arrow down to Mpeg-4

Output to

File/ folder

Above says Save as I click on that

Save it to my movies

Emcoding to Mpeg-4

X out of EMC9 and it says do you want to save compliation

Yes

Save in my movies

That’s when it is saved as a DCPF file and not a mpeg-4 file.

I hope you can understand this step by step that worked previously somehow it changes from mpgeg-4 to DCPF file. Thanks

Open EMC9 go to Convert

Left side Add Movie

Recorded tv added "

News" movie downloaded

Right side Format

Arrow down to Mpeg-4

Output to

File/ folder

Save it to my movies

Emcoding to Mpeg-4

Yes

Save in my movies

That's when it is saved as a DCPF file and not a mpeg-4 file.

I hope you can understand this step by step that worked previously somehow it changes from mpgeg-4 to DCPF file. Thanks

When you save your compilation, all you are saving is a listing of your project instructions and it has the extension "dcpf". There is no video file created.

The mpeg4 video file should be located in whatever you setup in the "File/folder" settings which might not be "my Movies" at all. I believe VCC creates its own "myMovies" under the "File/Folder" settings. folder where the video file is stored.

Did you give your video file a name? Have you searched your computer for that file?

You keep talking about this "MAQ00001 Mpeg4" file? What is the correct file name, make sure you spell it correctly including the correct extension.

Did you search your computer for a file or folder called "NEWS"?

Yes I did a search and it cannot be found.

I'll start after it formats to mpeg4 I check file or folder then save as I name it "News"

save as reads Discopied Projet file*.file (Icannot change that)

Now when I go to My Movies the blue icon says MPG4 and the name is not "New" somehow it is changed to MAQ0001Mpeg-4 movie Between me saving to news and when it shows up in my movies it's renamed to the MAQ, etc title. This is very confusing I must say. I am going to reinstall the whole program somehow something is wrong because it has always worked fine to convert to MPG 4 and able to download to my iPhone. Thanks for all your help

mc

Yes I did a search and it cannot be found.

I'll start after it formats to mpeg4 I check file or folder then save as I name it "News"

save as reads Discopied Projet file*.file (Icannot change that)

Now when I go to My Movies the blue icon says MPG4 and the name is not "New" somehow it is changed to MAQ0001Mpeg-4 movie Between me saving to news and when it shows up in my movies it's renamed to the MAQ, etc title. This is very confusing I must say. I am going to reinstall the whole program somehow something is wrong because it has always worked fine to convert to MPG 4 and able to download to my iPhone. Thanks for all your help

mc

You are correct on the software giving the mpg4 file the strange name.

One other person got a maq*. file name when converting to PSP uisng EMC9. Basically that issue was never solved because the original poster gave up (or fixed the issue). In that case, I believe that there was an issue with the device being updated and that update didn't take.

The maq* file is essentially a zero byte file that is an initial creation when Microsoft is called on to do something and then can't do it for some reason. I saw a couple of these way back. Because I was not looking, I don't know when they were made.

Here is the Kb article regarding the PSP issue. Are you using the same procedure to convert the "News"? It sounds like you are doing it that way.

Have you had a recent change in the IPod operating system (updates)? If you are doing it correctly and if there have been no updates, then I would suggest that you should consider uninstalling and then reinstalling EMC 9 (or 9.1).

Here is a procedure that many but not all have had good luck with. First make a restore point or a full back up of your system drive. Update your computer using these suggestions. Each step is important. Download Revo Uninstaller and use that in the MODERATE mode to uninstall EMC 9 (and any other Roxio or Sonic applications that you can identify and do not use.) In that Mode, it will do a safe registry clean of only those items that are tied to EMC9. There will be a lot; select to delete them all.

As an alternate to using Revo, you can use the Roxio suggested procedure to uninstall EMC 9. This is for XP; go to the bottom of that page to get the one for Vista. Since EMC 9 will not work with W7, there is no procedure to do that.

Keep your anti-virus off, not just paused. Reinstall EMC 9 or 9.1.

Let us know if that works.

Open EMC9 go to Convert

Left side Add Movie

Recorded tv added “

News” movie downloaded

Right side Format

Arrow down to Mpeg-4

Output to

File/ folder

Save it to my movies

Emcoding to Mpeg-4

Yes

Save in my movies

That’s when it is saved as a DCPF file and not a mpeg-4 file.

You explained it perfectly, that time.

Something doesn't seem to be right. I just went through your steps, saving it to a folder that I made, on my hard drive. The software converted it to an Mpeg-4 file, then put it in a folder named My Movies, inside of the folder that I made. You should have both the Mpeg-4 file, and the Disc Copier file (DCPF) in the folder where you directed the file to be saved.

Hi, I reinstalled EMC9, I had to do this previously and had the instructions. Believe it or not I am able to convert to mpg4 again. First I restored my computer to a previous date before I was having trouble with EMC9 so between the two restores, it's working again! thanks for your help and patience. I wondering if any other Roxio programs convert Recorded tv I believe it's an DAT file to mpg4? I think it's time for a newer version, hopfully an easy one like EMC9 that is all I use the program for to make mpg4's. thanks again Joan

Like I said this has worked perfectly and all of a sudden it doesn't save as mpeg-4. In the my movie folder it now has two disc and I right click and it says Dcpf file and I can't do anything with that file,when I double click it goes to windows media player and I get a message it doesn't recognize the file the extension is unknow to the player. Also it change other mpeg-4 files to dcpf files, strange. I sure hope I can get a resolution to this problem I love the program!

I did a search under files and folders. 3 came up DCPA file, DAT file(reoorded tv original file) and Rosio media production. I click on the roxio file video wave opened and another message one or more files cannot be edited have have not be added. I can't believe it no longer works.

Like I said this has worked perfectly and all of a sudden it doesn't save as mpeg-4. In the my movie folder it now has two disc and I right click and it says Dcpf file and I can't do anything with that file,when I double click it goes to windows media player and I get a message it doesn't recognize the file the extension is unknow to the player. Also it change other mpeg-4 files to dcpf files, strange. I sure hope I can get a resolution to this problem I love the program!

As we have stated repeatedly, a dcpf file is not a video file and cannot be played by any video player. Changing the extension is pointless. The program does not change mpeg4 files to dcpf files.

What have you specified as your output folder for the video in "Output to File/Folder"? Under that folder you should have the "my Movies" folder containing the video (it will have the extension "mp4" not "mpeg4"

As we have stated repeatedly, a dcpf file is not a video file and cannot be played by any video player. Changing the extension is pointless. The program does not change mpeg4 files to dcpf files.

What have you specified as your output folder for the video in "Output to File/Folder"? Under that folder you should have the "my Movies" folder containing the video (it will have the extension "mp4" not "mpeg4"

I know you repeatedly told me I can't play the dcpf file. When it asked do you want to save this compilation I say yes save in my movies

file name "the News" (I named it)

next box below Save as type this is how it reads and I cannot change this

disccopier Project file *.dcpf

Then I got to my movies there's MP4 box next to it its not titled "News" the name is now

MAQ00001 mpeg-4

click on that and message cannot be played error 2010 this movie contains invalid data

I have tried other tv recordings and same thing happens.

As I have said this program worked perfect and I have made many MPG4 shows and downloaded them into my iPhone. I just do know why it stopped working and I just converted a movie to a MP4 and downloaded to my iphone no problem The problem lies with the recorded tv programs. Thanks

I know you repeatedly told me I can't play the dcpf file. When it asked do you want to save this compilation I say yes save in my movies

file name "the News" (I named it)

next box below Save as type this is how it reads and I cannot change this

disccopier Project file *.dcpf

Then I got to my movies there's MP4 box next to it its not titled "News" the name is now

MAQ00001 mpeg-4

click on that and message cannot be played error 2010 this movie contains invalid data

I have tried other tv recordings and same thing happens.

As I have said this program worked perfect and I have made many MPG4 shows and downloaded them into my iPhone. I just do know why it stopped working and I just converted a movie to a MP4 and downloaded to my iphone no problem The problem lies with the recorded tv programs. Thanks

There is no reason to save the Compilation, unless you want to repeat the process of coverting the SAME movie file, to an MP4, again.

There is no reason to save the Compilation, unless you want to repeat the process of coverting the SAME movie file, to an MP4, again.

Thanks for the tip. Well I didn't save compilation, I went to my movies and there it was MPG4 with the title MAQ00001 Mpeg-4 movie 2,284KB When I saved it I named it NEWS

Click on it"cannot be played error 2010 the movie contains invalid data.

I just thinking do you think the Media center is blocking the ability to convert these files?

I not sure it there was an update to my computer that may have caused this to block making a copy of the shows. I was able to make a MP4 of a movie. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Thanks for the tip. Well I didn't save compilation, I went to my movies and there it was MPG4 with the title MAQ00001 Mpeg-4 movie 2,284KB When I saved it I named it NEWS

Click on it"cannot be played error 2010 the movie contains invalid data.

I just thinking do you think the Media center is blocking the ability to convert these files?

I not sure it there was an update to my computer that may have caused this to block making a copy of the shows. I was able to make a MP4 of a movie. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

You keep talking about this "MAQ00001 Mpeg4" file? What is the correct file name, make sure you spell it correctly including the correct extension.

Did you search your computer for a file or folder called "NEWS"?

One other person got a maq*. file name when converting to PSP uisng EMC9. Basically that issue was never solved because the original poster gave up (or fixed the issue). In that case, I believe that there was an issue with the device being updated and that update didn't take.

The maq* file is essentially a zero byte file that is an initial creation when Microsoft is called on to do something and then can't do it for some reason. I saw a couple of these way back. Because I was not looking, I don't know when they were made.

Here is the Kb article regarding the PSP issue. Are you using the same procedure to convert the "News"? It sounds like you are doing it that way.

Have you had a recent change in the IPod operating system (updates)? If you are doing it correctly and if there have been no updates, then I would suggest that you should consider uninstalling and then reinstalling EMC 9 (or 9.1).

Here is a procedure that many but not all have had good luck with. First make a restore point or a full back up of your system drive. Update your computer using these suggestions. Each step is important. Download Revo Uninstaller and use that in the MODERATE mode to uninstall EMC 9 (and any other Roxio or Sonic applications that you can identify and do not use.) In that Mode, it will do a safe registry clean of only those items that are tied to EMC9. There will be a lot; select to delete them all.

As an alternate to using Revo, you can use the Roxio suggested procedure to uninstall EMC 9. This is for XP; go to the bottom of that page to get the one for Vista. Since EMC 9 will not work with W7, there is no procedure to do that.

Keep your anti-virus off, not just paused. Reinstall EMC 9 or 9.1.

Let us know if that works.

Hi, I reinstalled EMC9, I had to do this previously and had the instructions. Believe it or not I am able to convert to mpg4 again. First I restored my computer to a previous date before I was having trouble with EMC9 so between the two restores, it's working again! thanks for your help and patience. I wondering if any other Roxio programs convert Recorded tv I believe it's an DAT file to mpg4? I think it's time for a newer version, hopfully an easy one like EMC9 that is all I use the program for to make mpg4's. thanks again Joan

Archived