• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Movielink to allow burning to DVD

cdanteek

The latest developments in movie downloading. Movielink has been offering legal movie downloads as rentals or purchases with the same drawbacks as every other download site, the DRM requires the films to be watched on your computer. Sonic Solutions has developed a system by which movies can now be transferred complete with DRM to DVD for use in home theaters or even travel.

Article

the leading broadband video-on-demand (VOD) service, announced today a licensing agreement for technology that, when authorized for use by content providers, will enable consumers to burn downloaded movies
Ah, the catch..... like the MPAA is going to let that happen. Perhaps if the purchaser is paying retail price then what would be the point of downloading it? I gaurantee that users won't be burning a movie to disc for $3.99 download. Most likely the files will be so highly compressed that it will affect the quality. Sounds more like technology that will be used for previously aired TV shows.

Ah, the catch..... like the MPAA is going to let that happen. Perhaps if the purchaser is paying retail price then what would be the point of downloading it? I gaurantee that users won't be burning a movie to disc for $3.99 download. Most likely the files will be so highly compressed that it will affect the quality. Sounds more like technology that will be used for previously aired TV shows.

I think the same thing, Gary. The MPAA isn't going to allow a step to be taken that will take us back before the court ruling.

Archived