Roxio Easy Dvd Copy Premier

jojoblizz

Question

I just today purchased roxio's " easy dvd copy premier " product for 29.99 $ plus the 5 $ additional " download free again anytime option "

however the site and product is CLEARLY misleading.. after doing research on google , consumer reports and top ten reviews and many many of other sites trying to figure out why it would not work i found out that youtube changed the way their videos are uploaded as far as formats go.

therefor roxios product will not work for people wanting to use it to convert youtube videos to audio for iphone , ipod touch , psp , and so forth. The only reason i am writing this here and now is not because im upset, it is because roxio and all affiliates who claim this products work have not taken the time to change the product or product description to be factual or accurate. My knowledge of the way products are to be sold via internet under not just US law but many international laws clearly state that misleading products are liable to be investigated by the bbb and other agency's like them. I would greatly appreciate 100 % refund for this product i purchased that was not only misleading but unfounded and ficticious. Furthermore i might add the product description should be updated to inform viewers and potentiol buyers such as i myself was not informed that this product no longer works with youtube conversion.

ty

5 answers to this question

<link removed by moderator>

this site and many others can and do convert the files uploaded to a mp3 wich can easily be converted to mp3, its not an impossible process to do either

however appearently i must have misread what this program says it can do

but would like to add since youtube changed the way their videos are uploaded to the servers people can no longer convert youtube videos to any device on your software, i have read quite a few posts on these forums in wich even the gurus admited that youtube did this and it is no longer compatable with these formats wich youtube hosts as. i have already opened a ticket however but the process is NOT impossible at all for video to mp3 conversion, however even the video feature does not work after i tried multiple times to convert video from youtube to iphone many times. not only this but many sites have stated so aswell.

<link removed by moderator>

this site and many others can and do convert the files uploaded to a mp3 wich can easily be converted to mp3, its not an impossible process to do either

however appearently i must have misread what this program says it can do

but would like to add since youtube changed the way their videos are uploaded to the servers people can no longer convert youtube videos to any device on your software, i have read quite a few posts on these forums in wich even the gurus admited that youtube did this and it is no longer compatable with these formats wich youtube hosts as. i have already opened a ticket however but the process is NOT impossible at all for video to mp3 conversion, however even the video feature does not work after i tried multiple times to convert video from youtube to iphone many times. not only this but many sites have stated so aswell.

Understood. Our software performs by whatever standard YouTube is utilizing at the time of development. If YouTube or other streaming service changes their policies - especially for the sake of Copyright - *after* the software has been released, it becomes a tricky issue.

If you have some specific examples of where YouTube upload/download policies have effected our software (threads, terms of service, etc), the best I can do is pass it to our engineering team to see how it may affect future releases or updates.

Jon

Roxio Support

Hi Jojo -

Can you point me to the sites that make the claims that it will copy and convert YouTube videos to audio file?

Even Easy Video Copy and Convert will not convert to audio files - just video: http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/easy-video-copy-and-convert/features.html

I just tested Easy Video Ciopy and Convert and was able to pull videos from regular YouTube videos and Vevo streams.

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Support

I just today purchased roxio's " easy dvd copy premier " product for 29.99 $ plus the 5 $ additional " download free again anytime option "

however the site and product is CLEARLY misleading.. after doing research on google , consumer reports and top ten reviews and many many of other sites trying to figure out why it would not work i found out that youtube changed the way their videos are uploaded as far as formats go.

therefor roxios product will not work for people wanting to use it to convert youtube videos to audio for iphone , ipod touch , psp , and so forth. The only reason i am writing this here and now is not because im upset, it is because roxio and all affiliates who claim this products work have not taken the time to change the product or product description to be factual or accurate. My knowledge of the way products are to be sold via internet under not just US law but many international laws clearly state that misleading products are liable to be investigated by the bbb and other agency's like them. I would greatly appreciate 100 % refund for this product i purchased that was not only misleading but unfounded and ficticious. Furthermore i might add the product description should be updated to inform viewers and potentiol buyers such as i myself was not informed that this product no longer works with youtube conversion.

ty

I have never heard of any program that converts video to audio - it's is a physical impossibility!

I have no problem capturing videos from youTube so I don't know what you have been reading or mis-reading.

Archived