• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Type, Burning Issues, & Dvd Won't Play Elsewhere

clvd13

Question

Hi... read through other forums but haven't found my answer(s) yet. Sorry, but I am NOT techonolgy inclined - so use really plain terms!

I have the VCR2DVD version 1.1.124 (according to the 1st forum pictures)

My computer says it has the following:

runs Windows 7 Home Premium.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC.

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10 Ghz

Installed RAM: 4.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

1. I can't get the Plug'n'Burn feature to work once it reaches the "FINISHING" stage. When the new window pops up, it freezes and says "Not responding".

2. I have downloaded clips to my computer. Then it said it burned the DVD. I ran the burned DVD in the same computer... Yes! it appeared to work! BUT, I then took that burned DVD & tried it in another computer... got "DISC ERROR" - it wouldn't play. I tried it in a regular DVD player (w/ my TV) - same problem "DISC ERROR". I can't get it to play on anything except the machine with the Roxio program.

3. I am using Maxwell DVD+R 4.7GB SP mode... any suggestions if another brand would be better??

Any suggestions or more information that you would need?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Hi... read through other forums but haven't found my answer(s) yet. Sorry, but I am NOT techonolgy inclined - so use really plain terms!

I have the VCR2DVD version 1.1.124 (according to the 1st forum pictures)

My computer says it has the following:

runs Windows 7 Home Premium.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC.

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10 Ghz

Installed RAM: 4.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

1. I can't get the Plug'n'Burn feature to work once it reaches the "FINISHING" stage. When the new window pops up, it freezes and says "Not responding".

2. I have downloaded clips to my computer. Then it said it burned the DVD. I ran the burned DVD in the same computer... Yes! it appeared to work! BUT, I then took that burned DVD & tried it in another computer... got "DISC ERROR" - it wouldn't play. I tried it in a regular DVD player (w/ my TV) - same problem "DISC ERROR". I can't get it to play on anything except the machine with the Roxio program.

3. I am using Maxwell DVD+R 4.7GB SP mode... any suggestions if another brand would be better??

Any suggestions or more information that you would need?

Thanks!

Version 1.1.124 was the first version of Easy VHS to DVD and was only compatible with XP and Vista!

The other two later versions are XP, Vista, and Windows 7 compatible..

Sorry...

Thank you for the quick reply & actually you that helped a lot! I tried a different computer & so far (fingers crossed!) it appears to be working! yay!

1. Only thing I noticed is that the sound "skips" every so often... It is playing correctly from the TV but on the burned DVD, the sound stops occassionally. Any suggestions for that?

2. I read in about post about using Verbatim ... is that a type/brand of DVD? If so, where can I find it - didn't see them @ Staples or HHgregg today.

3. Here's the info on the other computer I'm using.. if you need it

HP Pavilion a1630n (desktop)

Windows XP

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+

1.80 Ghz, 1.93 GB of RAM

Lightscribe DVD Super Multi Drive / CD Writer

Thnaks again for the suggestions!! :)

Edited by clvd13