Split from > Roxio Vhs To Dvd computer hanging

vthokie

Question

every time i try to run vhs to dvd my computer hangs up after a few minutes of recording. I end having to perform a hard shutdown because nothing works to recover the operating system. SUGGESTIONS.

PHelvie's situation creates a simpatico with me. I got my copy of VHS to DVD just before Christmas and am in a very similar boat. I thought my ship was sinking so fast that I've uninstalled while contemplating future action. I believe I have the 201B build. I haven't compared the digits (since I'm uninstalled), but the screens are the same and the Win7 logo is on the Getting Started Guide. It installed fine, but the setup routine for actual video transfer has been sporadic always. Never have I been able to define the picture quality with the slider bar; sometimes the recording time option functions, sometimes it doesn't; and it's about a 50-50 chance that the record button is grayed. I have successfully completed a full video transfer 4 times, but I have never been able to do two consecutively without completely exiting the program and re-entering, OR rebooting the computer and entering anew (due to some of the scenarios in the preceding sentence). To achieve the 4 "successful" transfers, the computer has incurred a comprehensive freeze 6 times. Comprehensive here means that the monitor goes totally black, sometimes a loud buzz is broadcast from the speakers and no input device functions (keyboard, mouse, on/off switch). It has frozen during the recording setup and during actual recording. The only recovery has been literally unplugging the machine and rebooting. This is a pretty painful "compatible".

My computer has had no hardware confuguration changes since aquiring the V2D. OS software in on automatic update, as is McAfee Security Center. Other particulars are:

Make: Dell

Model: Studio XPS 435T

Video: NVidia GeForce GT220

Processor Speed: 2.67 GHz

Free Hard Drive Space: 810G

OS Updates: Auto

2 answers to this question

There is no extra charge for using Line Feeds to make your post more readable ;)

Try some test captures using a DVD Player to see how they work. DVD Players will almost always have a stronger output signal.

I have had the software crash, but never like you describe. Sounds like you may have more going on than just this… :glare:

But let’s try the DVD Player first and see what happens!

There is no extra charge for using Line Feeds to make your post more readable ;)

Try some test captures using a DVD Player to see how they work. DVD Players will almost always have a stronger output signal.

I have had the software crash, but never like you describe. Sounds like you may have more going on than just this… :glare:

But let’s try the DVD Player first and see what happens!

No difference. - 1/15

Archived