• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Doesn't Recognise Verbatim Dvd + Rw

DiVicenzo

Question

I bought and installed Roxio last year and it was as easy as falling off a log copying DVDs....however, I have tried every which way to do it today and even though I put in a new/ fresh Verbatim DVD R+W it keeps asking me to put a disc in the drive and won't accept the discs.

I have emailed Roxio and followed links to update stuff but still nothing happens. To copy my DVDs (private, I might add) and CDs was the point of me shelling out for Roxio so now it's been a waste of money unless I can sort this out.

Any help would be much appreciated ;)

I bought and installed Roxio last year and it was as easy as falling off a log copying DVDs....however, I have tried every which way to do it today and even though I put in a new/ fresh Verbatim DVD R+W it keeps asking me to put a disc in the drive and won't accept the discs.

I have emailed Roxio and followed links to update stuff but still nothing happens. To copy my DVDs (private, I might add) and CDs was the point of me shelling out for Roxio so now it's been a waste of money unless I can sort this out.

Any help would be much appreciated ;)

Have you tried another brand? does this also happen with just R's .

Have you tried another brand? does this also happen with just R's .

No, I have only this brand at home - if it's that and another brand will work I will breathe a sigh of relief.

I have just had my computer fixed - ie wiped and stuff re-installed. I am guessing the computer guy re-installed from the back-up disc I had bought. But, when I looked at the back-up disc it had loads of sticky stuff from the package labelling. Can I re-download it online again? Might this be a good idea to uninstall and re-install perhaps? I only bought this product a couple of months ago.

Cheers :unsure:

Barry

But, when I looked at the back-up disc it had loads of sticky stuff from the package labelling. Can I re-download it online again?

Is Roxio Creator 2011 installed now?

Are you talking about a Roxio Creator 2011 installation disc?

Where did you buy the original disc?

Is Roxio Creator 2011 installed now?

Are you talking about a Roxio Creator 2011 installation disc?

Where did you buy the original disc?

Yes, it is installed now and I am trying again to make sure, for sure I am using an acceptable DVD disc.....my computer guy says I might need to get DVD - Rs.

I bought it at Roxio as a download and paid extra for the disc which was sent from San Francisco according to the packaging.

I will have a look at the links you sent me but I can imagine that they will fox the hell out of me. Thanks for them thoughrolleyes.gif

Yes, it is installed now and I am trying again to make sure, for sure I am using an acceptable DVD disc.....my computer guy says I might need to get DVD - Rs.

I bought it at Roxio as a download and paid extra for the disc which was sent from San Francisco according to the packaging.

I will have a look at the links you sent me but I can imagine that they will fox the hell out of me. Thanks for them thoughrolleyes.gif

Does windows see the DVD RW in My Computer?

Does windows see the DVD RW in My Computer?

Will check but just seen a message after burning and it says to insert a DVD R DL - does that answer my question? I am using the wrong kind of discs?

Would it be a DVD + R DL or a DVD - R DL or is there just a DVD R DL? Just want make sure before I buy them online.

Your help here is much appreciated smile.gif

Will check but just seen a message after burning and it says to insert a DVD R DL - does that answer my question? I am using the wrong kind of discs?

Would it be a DVD + R DL or a DVD - R DL or is there just a DVD R DL? Just want make sure before I buy them online.

Your help here is much appreciated smile.gif

What is the size of the backup DVD you received from Roxio? If it is >4.7GB then of course you can't copy it to a RW DVD and will have to use a DL DVD.

Could you list the files and their sizes on the backup DVD?

What is the size of the backup DVD you received from Roxio? If it is >4.7GB then of course you can't copy it to a RW DVD and will have to use a DL DVD.

Could you list the files and their sizes on the backup DVD?

I am trying to copy a film DVD not the Roxio software. Now, when I went to My computer it did recognise the DVD and formatted it - I wonder if this is the problem.

Will give it another go now and if it doesn't work I will look for the DVDs it ask for smile.gif

Cheers!

I am trying to copy a film DVD not the Roxio software. Now, when I went to My computer it did recognise the DVD and formatted it - I wonder if this is the problem.

Will give it another go now and if it doesn't work I will look for the DVDs it ask for smile.gif

Cheers!

You need to slow down at fix one problem at a time.

If the RW Disc was recognized in My Computer and not Roxio, there is a filter fix for that.

When you checked the RW Disc in My Computer, Windows asked you if you want to format it in windows live file system and you obviously told it OK do that.

Roxio software had nothing to do with that formating.

Is that what happened?

You need to slow down at fix one problem at a time.

If the RW Disc was recognized in My Computer and not Roxio, there is a filter fix for that.

When you checked the RW Disc in My Computer, Windows asked you if you want to format it in windows live file system and you obviously told it OK do that.

Roxio software had nothing to do with that formating.

Is that what happened?

Yes, that is what happened.....

Yes, that is what happened.....

Download # 7 PX Engine 4.18.16a. in my signature, read the directions and follow them. Reboot the pc and try another new not formatted RW disc. Does Roxio now see the disc?

7.click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here

Download # 7 PX Engine 4.18.16a. in my signature, read the directions and follow them. Reboot the pc and try another new not formatted RW disc. Does Roxio now see the disc?

7.click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here

/quote]

I have done this - thanks - when the file is unzipped what is it called? I just need to know that I installed the right one as the one I installed was date 26/09/09 and not today's date.

I am burning the DVD again so, I will report back with the results...thanks gain for your time and your help smile.gif

Thanks - no, it still doesn't like those DVD discs - should I buy the alternative types and try those?

What exactly does that mean?

Roxio doesn't see the disc in what application?

From the Home Page, Tolls, Get Disc Information. What does that say about the RW Disc, or does it see it?

I didn't know that I could check via Roxio - now you have said I have inserted the DVD and it does recognise it and it says:

DVD + RW, Closed, Data, Erasable

Session 1

01 Data Track and then start and finish values....

Does that help?

Sorry for being so thick but when I used Roxio last year - I just did it and it worked - I was so chuffed I nearly threw a party at the Savoy! wink.gif

I didn't know that I could check via Roxio - now you have said I have inserted the DVD and it does recognise it and it says:

DVD + RW, Closed, Data, Erasable

Session 1

01 Data Track and then start and finish values....

Does that help?

Sorry for being so thick but when I used Roxio last year - I just did it and it worked - I was so chuffed I nearly threw a party at the Savoy! wink.gif

I said a new disc! Yours is wrote to and closed, if you want to reuse it erase it.

Will that disc work in the Roxio application you keep saying it don't like them?

What is the name of that application your using?

I open Roxio and click on 'Copy Disc' but I don't if it doesn't like the disc until it has 'copied the image' which takes about 20 mins.....am I doing this right?

I open Roxio and click on 'Copy Disc' but I don't if it doesn't like the disc until it has 'copied the image' which takes about 20 mins.....am I doing this right?

Answer the question does Copy Disc recognize the Blank RW Disc? Will it now write to it?

The rest of your post you need to slow down and explain it a whole lot better for me to understand it!

Answer the question does Copy Disc recognize the Blank RW Disc? Will it now write to it?

The rest of your post you need to slow down and explain it a whole lot better for me to understand it!

Sorry to frustrate you - I am very frustrated myself.

OK. I put in the new blank disc and clicked and clicked on Copy Disk and it says 'The disk you have inserted is blank. Please insert another disk into Optiarc DVDRW DL (E:) drive.......