• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning DVD music disc fails

elmolincoln

Question

I've created a cool little DVD music disc of 15 MP3 files with a menu I like and all that jazz. It all works just fine on preview. But I can only get part way through burning it to a DVD before I get the message "Roxio encountered a problem and must close" etc. I've tried both +R and -R DVDs, both Sony and Memorex, I've flashed my firmware (even though I already had the latest version.) The disc I'm trying to burn only takes about about 15 percent of a 4.7 gb DVD. I've closed all other applications. I'm just stumped. I'm using Creator 8. I have no problem burning and copying much more elaborate video projects that require double-layer DVDs. Is there some way to trouble shoot what might be causing this? Like I said, it all seems good to go just listening to the files and looking at the menu on preview.

4 answers to this question

well, I made an iso and then copied that -- which worked. Roxio should make that the only option.

Agreed :) but people would complian about a two step process even though it works a lot better then the one step.

Haven't seen you in awhile. I hope thngs are good.

same problem. i gave up trying to burn discs directly. have to save them to disk first. waste of time, but it beats having a collection of coasters (ruined dvds). why doesn't roxio address this problem? they have a help section on this, but in my case, everything is up-to-date. (updated dvd writer drivers, roxio software, etc).

same problem. i gave up trying to burn discs directly. have to save them to disk first. waste of time, but it beats having a collection of coasters (ruined dvds). why doesn't roxio address this problem? they have a help section on this, but in my case, everything is up-to-date. (updated dvd writer drivers, roxio software, etc).

I suppose it will be addressed in the next version of the software.

Archived