• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Graphics Card

ubiediting

Hallo to other Community Members,

I am asking if an Intel Intergrated Graphics Media Accelerator HD as fitted in a Dell Vostro 3500 model is good enough for video editing, and will be gratful for advice. Thank You.

Do you have that laptop or are you going to buy one? If you are going to buy one, spend the extra money for the optional card.

The 3500 is designed to be a business latop without heavy video requirements. There are better.

Video Card

512 (MB) NVIDIA® 310M GeForce®

Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator

What do you intend to do with video editing? Home movies? If you are serious about video editing, then look at gaming type laptops.

Suggestion: If you already have that laptop, buy Creator 2011 Pro directly from the Roxio on line store and download all files. Try it. If it doesn't work or you don't like it, you can get your money back within 30 days. (Do it as soon as you know it doesn't work).

Basically no - that particular chipset doesn't have enough dedicated memory or power to handle any serious work

You may get some work done with software rendering, but nothing in the way of any serious editing

Hallo gi7omy, and thank you for the advice, I have a number of family who all take home movies and I tidy them,add photo's, titles,transitions, and finally put them on DVD's. Perhap's not classed as serious work but,I have decided to look around for a more suitable PC within my budget (£500) and if you could suggest something I would like to hear. Regards,ubiediting.

Do you have that laptop or are you going to buy one? If you are going to buy one, spend the extra money for the optional card.

The 3500 is designed to be a business latop without heavy video requirements. There are better.

Video Card

512 (MB) NVIDIA® 310M GeForce®

Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator

What do you intend to do with video editing? Home movies? If you are serious about video editing, then look at gaming type laptops.

Suggestion: If you already have that laptop, buy Creator 2011 Pro directly from the Roxio on line store and download all files. Try it. If it doesn't work or you don't like it, you can get your money back within 30 days. (Do it as soon as you know it doesn't work).

Thank you Sknis,I was considering that Vostro laptop but after your advice, and others, I will look for a PC with a better graphics card. Regards, ubiediting

Archived