• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Best Blu-Ray Blank Media?

jjtd

Question

8 answers to this question

I was wondering based on your experiences what is the best Blu-Ray blank media? I know Taiyo Yuden is the best DVD but they do not make Blu-Ray.

I've had good luck with both and am only going to buy these in the future.

Optical Quantum 4X 25GB BD-R Blu-ray Blank Disc White Inkjet Hub Printable, 25 pcs.

It is a Phillips made disc.

Do your home work if your going to buy the LTH Verbatims, some hardware and settop players won't burn or play them.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/67616-verbatim-blu-ray-bd-r-lth-type-technology/

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=optical+quantum&x=16&y=30#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=optical+quantum+Blu-ray+media&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aoptical+quantum+Blu-ray+media

The Verbatim

post-97-018480800 1295023445.jpg

The Optical Quantum

post-97-012748500 1295023485.jpg

Thanks cdanteek,

It looks like SupermediaStore.com added Taiyo Yuden 4X 25GB Inkjet Printable Blu-Rays to their inventory since I started this post, or I missed them! (it does say "NEW") Think I will give the Yuden's a try first.

Thanks Again for your suggestion.

Thanks cdanteek,

It looks like SupermediaStore.com added Taiyo Yuden 4X 25GB Inkjet Printable Blu-Rays to their inventory since I started this post, or I missed them! (it does say "NEW") Think I will give the Yuden's a try first.

Thanks Again for your suggestion.

Thanks, yes I see that is new.

Remember what I said about LTH Blu-ray Disc's!

JVC Taiyo Yuden Blu-ray White Inkjet Printable 4X 25GB BD-R LTH Media

Thanks, yes I see that is new.

Remember what I said about LTH Blu-ray Disc's!

JVC Taiyo Yuden Blu-ray White Inkjet Printable 4X 25GB BD-R LTH Media

Thanks for the reminder! In my Yuden-find-tunnel-vission I didn't even notice.

I better stick with what will work for sure.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the reminder! In my Yuden-find-tunnel-vission I didn't even notice.

I better stick with what will work for sure.

Thanks again!

If your burner is LTH compatible, you can't beat the price, AND Verbatim LTH disks are archival grade, for about $1 a pop.

If you are not sure, or don't have an LTH-compatible burner - your best bet today is probably TDK. There is A LOT of bad media in Blu Ray: Memorex, Ritek, Merax, VinPower etc. Even some highly reputable brands have had trouble: Verbatim non-LTH non-premium, Panasonic.

I would definitely be very careful about which Blu Ray media to pick, if the purpose is to have archival grade media:-)

Good luck -

Edited by GeorgeGear

I was wondering based on your experiences what is the best Blu-Ray blank media? I know Taiyo Yuden is the best DVD but they do not make Blu-Ray.

I have much better success with Verbatim blank media, a 100 pack of Yuden DVD-R was put in the trash. I myself am just starting Blu Ray burning, so will go with the Verbatim media. Hope to report same GREAT results of nearly 100 %.

I have much better success with Verbatim blank media, a 100 pack of Yuden DVD-R was put in the trash. I myself am just starting Blu Ray burning, so will go with the Verbatim media. Hope to report same GREAT results of nearly 100 %.

Personally I have never had any problems with TY media - however, because of its reputation there are fake discs in circulation - you may think they're TY, but they aren't