WestonJeff

Need Copies Of Dvds W/mono Sound, Duped To Both Channels

Question

Here's the sitch:

- Nine "master" DVDs created from an event last weekend on a Sony DVD recorder

- Right audio channel wasn't active (my bad) between switcher and DVD recorder, resulting in "half sound"

- Need to make a crapload of DVD copies, but desire sound to be coming from both channels on copies (even if it ain't stereo)

- Normally, I would simply finalize my masters and dupe them with my Primera

So here's the question -- how / can I?

- Get the Sony information into Creator

- Get sound from left channel onto both channels

- Create new "master" to use with Primera, or record my crapload of DVDs from Creator directly?

- And . . . one more thing. There's a little "buzz" noise I'd like to try to remove on copies. Any way to do that as well?

I plan on running out to Best Buy tonight to purchase copy of Creator (unless someone has better solution for my needs).

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

7 answers to this question

For the 'buzz', my guess is your stuck!

Otherwise there are tools but without knowing what software you have I am not going to start listing them. The Pro version has SoundSoap included.

Try running a copy onto an RW? How does it turn out? (use Disc Copy and another with Video Copy and Convert)

I don't play with Audio much but some others here may be able to advise.

And tell us more about the Source DVD's type, recording format etc.

OK here is some information. Assuming that you are going to buy Roxio Creator 2011 PRO. By the way you can get a download copy from the web site so you don't have to go out. You will have a couple of downloads to install. before you do, make sure you do this.

You can copy a DVD to your hard drive. In what you copy, there should be vob files. Add them all to the application called Edit Video Advanced (Video Wave). Click to show native audio in show/hide tracks. You can then extract the native audio as a wave file. You may be able to do this directly from there or you may have to output the file to a mpg2 file. The speed of the output (rendering) is dependent on your computer.

You can add that wav file to the application called "Edit Audio". In that, you can change the mono to stereo and to do some cleaning. If the noise is bad, you may have to use SoundSoap that is included in the PRO version. Once you have converted the mono to stereo and cleaned it up, export it to another wav file.

Go back to VideoWave, and select to mute the native track. You can then add the converted and cleaned up wav file to any of the audio tracks (except for the native track).

From there, you would output the file to mpg2 (again) to get the new audio included. That conversion should go much quicker than the first time.

You would go to Create DVD (MyDVD) , create menus if you wish and then add the mpg2 file. When you click on burn, deselect burn to disc and select burn to ISO (image file). Name it and note where you want to ISO file placed.

Once it is encoded, use the free VLC player to preview the ISO file to make sure it is to your liking.

You would then go to the Home page and use the "Burn Disc Image" application to burn as many discs from the ISO file as you need.

Simple, right? It will take some time to learn each of the applications but there are a lot of help files and other aides on this forum. How soon do you need the discs?

Thanks for the replies, guys! I guess I need to get Pro . . . purchased Creator Plus last night. Will get the ball rolling and let you know what transpires. Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies, guys! I guess I need to get Pro . . . purchased Creator Plus last night. Will get the ball rolling and let you know what transpires. Thanks again.

Creator Plus is a whole different animal. You cannot do AVCHD and you do not have a back up application. Do not upgrade to Pro unless you cannot do the cleanup and mono to stereo with Edid Audio (Sound Editor) or unless you want the other features.

Creator Plus is a whole different animal. You cannot do AVCHD and you do not have a back up application. Do not upgrade to Pro unless you cannot do the cleanup and mono to stereo with Edid Audio (Sound Editor) or unless you want the other features.

Thanks for the reply Mr. Sknis . . . and the tips.

Here's what Roxio rep emailed me this morning:

Creator 2011 plus is the same as the pro version. Here is some more information - http://www.roxio.com/eng/products/creator/pro/overview.html

If the information provided does not resolve your issue simply update your web ticket with a detailed explanation with the steps you have tried and any error messages you receive.

Regards

Fiona

http://support.roxio.com

Will get back on project tonight and let you know what happens. Again, thanks for your help!

JB

Thanks for the reply Mr. Sknis . . . and the tips.

Here's what Roxio rep emailed me this morning:

Creator 2011 plus is the same as the pro version. Here is some more information - http://www.roxio.com/eng/products/creator/pro/overview.html

If the information provided does not resolve your issue simply update your web ticket with a detailed explanation with the steps you have tried and any error messages you receive.

Regards

Fiona

http://support.roxio.com

Will get back on project tonight and let you know what happens. Again, thanks for your help!

JB

I can confirm this agent is incorrect and will have them coached so they are corrected.

Pro and Plus are very similar but have some very distinct differences, where Pro has a bit more:

•  
  • Roxio Burn Secure
  • Additional BackUp features
  • SoundSoap
  • Blu-Ray authoring
  • SonicFire

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Support