Sign in to follow this  
caseyrojas

Wont Burn, Only Says "encoding Movie" Help!

Question

I have the My DVD Video Lab 10, and made a movie in the Video Wave. I completed my DVD, it sent me to MY DVD to burn, and I made the menu, then clicked burn. A window popped up with the status bar, and one bar says Overall Progress and the other says Current Task: Encoding Movie. It shows the preview underneath that bar, I let it go through, until the bars are 100% and I can click ok. Then it goes back to the screen where I can pick a menu and NOTHING! Disc is BLANK! I've tried it three times now and get the same thing. What am I doing wrong? Why wont it burn? Please help! I have to have this movie done for a surprise party tomorrow evening!

5 answers to this question

I have the My DVD Video Lab 10, and made a movie in the Video Wave. I completed my DVD, it sent me to MY DVD to burn, and I made the menu, then clicked burn. A window popped up with the status bar, and one bar says Overall Progress and the other says Current Task: Encoding Movie. It shows the preview underneath that bar, I let it go through, until the bars are 100% and I can click ok. Then it goes back to the screen where I can pick a menu and NOTHING! Disc is BLANK! I've tried it three times now and get the same thing. What am I doing wrong? Why wont it burn? Please help! I have to have this movie done for a surprise party tomorrow evening!

Please, more information. Use this as a guide (link) to what information is needed.

I don't understand what I have bolded in your original post.

After you complete all the ending of the project in VideoWave, do you have the option to "output" as? The icon would be near the top of the screen. If so, click on that and then select one of the options. Are you doing high definition or standard definition? Select one of the mpg2 files depending on your need. If the encoding stops, there is something in your project that needs to be fixed. It could be bad timing of a transition, use of music that you don't own (DRM protection). Sit there and watch it. You will see the approximate time where there is a problem.

If it encodes, you can just add that mpg2 file to MyDVD and burn from there. Since the mpg2 file is already in the proper format, it will not encode again. In MyDVD when you go to burn, do you have the option to burn to an Image (ISO) file?

There are just too many options that you haven't mentioned so it is hard to give you exact answers. The more time you take to provide us with information, the sooner you will get an answer.

Edited by sknis

Please only one post per issue or you will get confused with the issues. Do you have Movie Lab 10 or the new Video Lab HD?

Actually since he does not have the Video Lab HD product, this should be moved to the correct forum.

It was ! :P