Videowave Crashes At 97% Complete

JJPhilli

Question

I recently upgraded to Creator2011 from Creator2009. Everything seems to work fine except for the burn crashing at 97% complete and the error stating that VideoWave needs to close. I have updated DirectX and changed my render option to "Software." I also updated to Windows Vista SP2 and all drivers before installing. Does it have something to do with the video card? The following is my information:

OS - Windows Vista Home Premium (x86 64-bit) SP2

DirectX - 10.0

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz

DVD - ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L

Video Card - ATI Radeon HD 3650 Driver 8.712.1.0.

Audio - Realtek High Definition Driver 6.0.1.5789

I also installed Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, which is working very well but quite useless if I cannot get anything to burn to DVD.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

I recently upgraded to Creator2011 from Creator2009. Everything seems to work fine except for the burn crashing at 97% complete and the error stating that VideoWave needs to close. I have updated DirectX and changed my render option to "Software." I also updated to Windows Vista SP2 and all drivers before installing. Does it have something to do with the video card? The following is my information:

DirectX - 10.0

I also installed Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, which is working very well but quite useless if I cannot get anything to burn to DVD.

First, tell us what you are trying to burn and what program, in the suite, and the steps you have taken to try to burn your project.

The ability to capture, through the Roxio USB device, is included in the Creator 2011 software, so the installation of of the Easy VHS to DVD software is not needed. That installation is superfluous.

Uninstall the Easy VHS to DVD software, and try it using the Creator 2011 software, again. If you get the same results, there are other things that we can try.

First, tell us what you are trying to burn and what program, in the suite, and the steps you have taken to try to burn your project.

The ability to capture, through the Roxio USB device, is included in the Creator 2011 software, so the installation of of the Easy VHS to DVD software is not needed. That installation is superfluous.

Uninstall the Easy VHS to DVD software, and try it using the Creator 2011 software, again. If you get the same results, there are other things that we can try.

I am using MyDVD trying to burn a mpeg that is about 2 hours long. It was a VHS that I captured and saved using Easy VHS to DVD. The video is quite basic, I have about ten chapters at various points throughout and have added no other features or edits. Basically, I select to burn to disc and everything progresses. About 2 hours later, as soon as it is done with encoding the menu, I get the message that VideoWave has stopped working and needs to close.

I was able to burn a much shorter movie that was only about 25 minutes long prior to the most recent failed attempt. Could something be interferring with VideoWave over the longer burn period that doesn't with a shorter burn?

I did uninstall Easy VHS to DVD and rebooted before the latest failed attempt as well. Additionally, I am using IE8 and McAfee AVPlus, if that helps.

I am using MyDVD trying to burn a mpeg that is about 2 hours long. It was a VHS that I captured and saved using Easy VHS to DVD. The video is quite basic, I have about ten chapters at various points throughout and have added no other features or edits. Basically, I select to burn to disc and everything progresses. About 2 hours later, as soon as it is done with encoding the menu, I get the message that VideoWave has stopped working and needs to close.

I was able to burn a much shorter movie that was only about 25 minutes long prior to the most recent failed attempt. Could something be interferring with VideoWave over the longer burn period that doesn't with a shorter burn?

I did uninstall Easy VHS to DVD and rebooted before the latest failed attempt as well. Additionally, I am using IE8 and McAfee AVPlus, if that helps.

What setting are you using when burning the 2 hour movie to the DVD? A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minites of video using the best quality (HQ) setting. The "Fit-to-disc" setting will give you nothing but trouble and is not recommended.

Videowave is not involved when burning the DVD. I recommend splitting the video into two and burning to two DVDs especially if you want to keep quality near to what to get from VHS. Trying to squeeze 2 hours of VHS video on a DVD will give give that might be unwatchable.

DirectX - 10.0

I just got Roxio 2011 and had the very same error, I rectified it by dropping external .mp3 music files from the projects.

It seems when Roxio crashes LATE in the burn it is in the process of doing the customized menus of the film, used the canned stuff instead of modding these to get a working project, then if you can insert the CORE films into the canned working menus, added backgrounds and audio to create a working copy.

I know this is stupid and sonys movie studio fixed this very same issue with there software nearly a decade ago, but Roxio seems to be playing breaking new ground.

Good Luck

Duf

Archived