Creator2010 - Repair Mal Function

peedee

Question

I have used Creator 2010 successfully from July 2010, mainly the Photoshow function, but recently I have had problems with Photoshow. A 403 error was received when trying to upload a show to my Premium account. I recorded my problems on the Photoshow forum at http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/69006-another-403-error/ and one of the things I did to try to cure the problem was to repair Creator using the repair function on the disc which came with the purchase of Creator. I ended up in an even worse mess.

I was running the following via my Broadband ISP

XP service pack 3

IE7

the latest McAfee anti virus and firewall

Creator2010 verison 1.2.193 SP2 5.0.0.0

Photoshow version 6 build 722

This is what I did because my first thought was a corruption of the software had occurred. I attempted to repair the software using the repair function provided on the disc. I encountered an error in that I was advised a file “12.msi” could not be found in C/Temp. Even though I pointed the repair function at another location of this file on the disc, it would not load and I abandoned the repair attempt and decided to remove Creator and reload it all over again. This I did but found it did not cure the problem and additionally I now had lost access to some of the applications with indications of missing certificates! I did a system restore to an earlier point, this was just as bad if not worse and I cancelled the systems restore. It was very tedious.

I have since solved the problem but I had to remove Creator 2010 all together and clean the registry, the cache and delete cookies. A reload restored Creators functionality but not that of Photoshow. An update of Photoshow to build 857 solved that but it appears Creator is not very stable and certainly the repair function did not work.

peedee

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived