• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Reinstall Creator 2009 On Xp

Willy123

Question

I have been trying to reinstall C2009 on my XP/Dell system for the last 2 days with no luck.

> I have followed all of the instructions given in KB206CR/KB86CR solutions to clean up registry and left over Roxio/Sonic files.

> I have followed the directions in KB214CR to remove the Microsoft.NET Framwork SP3.4 SP1 installation. I even removed Smartsound install, thinking that may be issue. Still not luck.

> The install goes through installation to a point where it installs Smartsound and the associated music files, but then gives the Error Code 0012 and stops the install.

Any suggestions?

11 answers to this question

Look at the articles at the top of this section of the forum; there are several so it is impossible to point you to just one.

Since it is an Install problem, I moved your topic here .

I have looked at the articles and they all seem to point to all actions I have taken - does Roxio have an Error Code look-up for 0012 or is it just a catch all error with no details ?

I have looked at the articles and they all seem to point to all actions I have taken - does Roxio have an Error Code look-up for 0012 or is it just a catch all error with no details ?

Roxio does not. I Googled for thast error code and found lots - including an overheating of the GPU.

How about posting all your computer specs.

Are you reinstalling from a disc? Is is possible that your disc is bad. Try copying the disc to your hard drive and installing from there.

Not installing from disk - using the Roxio download manager to start the install and download the latest files. One thing i did notice was that I uninstalled the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 - there is still Framework 3.0 SP2 and Framework 2.0 SP2 installed - do i need to remove them as well as 3.5 ?

System specs are as follows:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name XXX

System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation

System Model Dimension 8300

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A03, 9/19/2003

SMBIOS Version 2.3

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

User Name XXX

Time Zone Central Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 1,536.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 877.47 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 3.35 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

You should have two or three downloads depending on what version you have.

1.FN56I010R14_Creator2009Ultimate_11.0.exe

2.FP19AZS0SQA_EMC11Content_7Lang.exe

3.FQ01B010000_Creator2009Ultimate3rdPartySW.zip

Have you taken # 1 and put it in it's own folder you make and used WinZip or Winrar and extracted the download .exe? Then double click the setup.exe in the extracted folder to start the installation.

If not try that and see how it goes. Reboot and do the same for the rest.

There are only 2 files dowloaded from the Roxio website -

FP20FZS0SQA_EMC11Content_7Lang.exe and FN56IA50R13_Creator2009_11.0.exe

The file FN56IA50R13_Creator2009_11.0.exe does a self extract and then automatically kicks off the setup program. The install continues from that point and does not seem to have an issue until late in the installation.

The file FN56IA50R13_Creator2009_11.0.exe does a self extract and then automatically kicks off the setup program. The install continues from that point and does not seem to have an issue until late in the installation.

Will you try it the way I explained it please?

Don't click on the file. Use WinZip or Rar to unzip the file into it's own folder.

Don't click on the file. Use WinZip or Rar to unzip the file into it's own folder.

That was explained in post # 6! :blink:

Have you taken # 1 and put it in it's own folder you make and used WinZip or Winrar and extracted the download .exe? Then double click the setup.exe in the extracted folder to start the installation.

I have been trying to reinstall C2009 on my XP/Dell system for the last 2 days with no luck.

> I have followed all of the instructions given in KB206CR/KB86CR solutions to clean up registry and left over Roxio/Sonic files.

> I have followed the directions in KB214CR to remove the Microsoft.NET Framwork SP3.4 SP1 installation. I even removed Smartsound install, thinking that may be issue. Still not luck.

> The install goes through installation to a point where it installs Smartsound and the associated music files, but then gives the Error Code 0012 and stops the install.

Any suggestions?

Look at the articles at the top of this section of the forum; there are several so it is impossible to point you to just one.

Since it is an Install problem, I moved your topic here .

Archived