• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Soundsoap Not Installing

LinuxSouthpaw

Question

I am attempting an installation of Roxio Creator 2011 Pro, which I recently purchased online and downloaded. (I'm running Win 7 x64 Home Premium.) Everything appears to be installing as expected, with the exception of SoundSoap. I have observed that the file "Roxio2011ProDisc2" contains SonicFire Pro and SoundSoap SE. SonicFire Pro installs without any issue, but SoundSoap does not. The installer completes without reporting any errors, and I cannot find anything in the System or Application logs for Windows that would point to anything going wrong with the installation. However, I cannot find any folder named "Bias" or any program called "SoundSoap" anywhere on my computer. I have tried downloading the Roxio installation files again and reinstalling, just in case there was a corruption issue, but the result is still the same. What do I need to do in order to get SoundSoap installed on my computer?

1 answer to this question

I ended up resolving the issue; I'll post what I did in case anyone runs into the same issue. It turned out that my anti-virus program (BitDefender Internet Security 2011) was interfering with the installation. BitDefender cannot be turned off entirely without uninstalling it (which I'm not about to do), but after I set BitDefender to "Game Mode," I was able to install SoundSoap.