ERROR 80040207 while encoding menu!

bonnyrigg11

Question

Hi, when burning a disk in my DVD8, I receieve the following message:- 'ERROR 80040207 while encoding menu'

Can anyone pase help me with this problem. Here are my computer stats:-

Sony Vaio VGN-FS215Z

INTEL ® PENTIUM (m)

1.73GHz, 512GB

FREE SPACE - 256GB

Regards, Jim :)

3 answers to this question

Hi, when burning a disk in my DVD8, I receieve the following message:- 'ERROR 80040207 while encoding menu'

Can anyone pase help me with this problem. Here are my computer stats:-

Sony Vaio VGN-FS215Z

INTEL ® PENTIUM (m)

1.73GHz, 512GB

FREE SPACE - 256GB

Regards, Jim :)

Your error number is different but have you tried this tech note at the top of this page?

Your error number is different but have you tried this tech note at the top of this page?

Thanks for your help and information, i spent most of late afternoon and evening trying it again, i was able to complete a very DVD project but when i came to do a larger one it took ages, about three and a half hours and right at the end the same message came up:- ERROR 80040207 while encoding menu.

Frustrating and very annoying to say the least, any suggestions to help me again?

Jim. :)

Thanks for your help and information, i spent most of late afternoon and evening trying it again, i was able to complete a very DVD project but when i came to do a larger one it took ages, about three and a half hours and right at the end the same message came up:- ERROR 80040207 while encoding menu.

Frustrating and very annoying to say the least, any suggestions to help me again?

Jim. :)

Jim, I'm afraid you're at the bottom of the system requirements and things are going to go very slow. Some things that might help just a bit are to keep your hard drive defragged and to make sure all unneeded programs in the background are shut down. Turn off the connection to the net and even your virus program if it's running.

Archived