• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

chris2519

Full Screen Option To Preview Vhs Quality? Or Workaround?

Question

The preview window in the recording wizard is way too small to see if there are problems with the quality of the VHS. I just spent hours transferring a video, which looked perfectly good and clean in the preview window, but once it's finished and I look at it full screen, I can see that the VCR badly needed a tracking adjustment. This is not the first time this has happened. Is there a way to either see a full screen, or use a different program that might have a full screen, so that I can check the quality of the tape and VCR settings before proceeding? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I was hoping that Roxio would add a bigger (or separate) preview window option in future software update. I also see that after just buying the software the preview window is too small. I've had to resort to a small TV connected to my vcr but many vcr's only have one video out so that meant I had to buy an AV switch box to send the video to my Mac & TV. Unnecessary trouble so hoping Roxio will realize a larger preview window is needed.

The last message on this thread is a couple of years back. Has anything changed since? Is it now possible to go to full-screen mode?

If not, can anyone suggest something for the Mac that will allow me to go from S-video/component to an iMac for viewing (no need for recording).

Thanks.

The last message on this thread is a couple of years back. Has anything changed since? Is it now possible to go to full-screen mode?

If not, can anyone suggest something for the Mac that will allow me to go from S-video/component to an iMac for viewing (no need for recording).

Thanks.

My ElGato EyeTV Hybrid has analog inputs and displays live video at full resolution. Note that this is full resolution and not full screen. Analog video is typically 640x480 pixels at full resolution. If the video is expanded to full screen it looks pretty bad on today's high-resolution computer displays.

I'm looking at this one too, it seems like my only good option. It's for an uncle who is legally blind. What he needs is a big image, and even if it's not top quality, I think he'd be happy. Also, the device I'm looking at is EyeTV HD, and component inputs, so full resolution would be better. Thanks for your input.

• Like 1