• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Install Emc10 Error, Hotfix Didnt Work, Help

tightdog1

Question

I bought the software Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning 2009 and am getting an install error on my Windows 7 Home Premium Laptop. I get the "You Must install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the content." I tried the hotfix posted here on the forum, but it wont allow me to install and Says "Could not locate the required registry key for removal". I have gone thru the clean install intructions and also tried to removel .net framework 3.5 SP1 also stated in these forums. I have the software working on another Windows 7 Ultimate system so I know its compatible, I just cant get it to install on this laptop. Any help would be appreciated as I bought this yesterday and have been pulling my hair out trying to get it to work on my computer. I feel like ive read through everything on this software. THANKS, Nick.

12 answers to this question

The hot fix I think is for Easy Media Creator 10 Retail Version.

Follow these instructions.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/62690-getting-installation-log-files/

Look up top on the main page, I'm sending you a PM, Messenger (1 New)....

You dont have to worry about this anymore, the software was returned because It wouldnt install so I bought a product from one of your competitors that actually installs properly the first time and has no underlying issues like your software did, thanks for the help in turning me away from Roxio software.

You dont have to worry about this anymore, the software was returned because It wouldnt install so I bought a product from one of your competitors that actually installs properly the first time and has no underlying issues like your software did, thanks for the help in turning me away from Roxio software.

It's not "our" software.....we are just fellow users on here trying to help you.

Good luck with your new product.

thanks for the help in turning me away from Roxio software.

That's right, bite the hand of the person who tries to help you.

For your information, although it shouldn't have to be spelled out, cdanteek is not a Roxio employee - he's a user of the software who gives up his own time and effort to help Roxio customers who are having difficulty with the software. He's not responsible for creating the difficulties!

Well the software I purchased was Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning, It has no versions, no dates on the box, except a copyright on the bottom of the box that says 1994-2009, So thats how I got 2009, and Compatible with Windows 7 on the box. Its in a Red box, with no version number on it, So it makes it almsot impossible to tell you what version I have, without installing it again on my other machine which I will have to do. So if a person has only one computer and cannot install the software they would no be able to tell you what version they have. I have version 10.3.104 working on my other windows 7 machine.

Well the software I purchased was Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning, It has no versions, no dates on the box, except a copyright on the bottom of the box that says 1994-2009, So thats how I got 2009, and Compatible with Windows 7 on the box. Its in a Red box, with no version number on it, So it makes it almsot impossible to tell you what version I have, without installing it again on my other machine which I will have to do. So if a person has only one computer and cannot install the software they would no be able to tell you what version they have. I have version 10.3.104 working on my other windows 7 machine.

So everything now is working OK?

Version explanation,

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/58910-which-version-do-you-have/

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/59107-where-are-the-advertised-updates/

No, the software will not install on My laptop, Windows 7 home Premium 32-bit. I got it to install on another computer I have, Windows 7 Ultimate, but I cannot leave the software on that computer and need it to work on my laptop. I had to install it on another computer just to be able to tell you the version number of the software as its not labeled anywhere on the packaging or disc, and the software would not install on my laptop which is where I need it to work. The errors and everything I did already is in my fist post.

No, the software will not install on My laptop, Windows 7 home Premium 32-bit. I got it to install on another computer I have, Windows 7 Ultimate, but I cannot leave the software on that computer and need it to work on my laptop. I had to install it on another computer just to be able to tell you the version number of the software as its not labeled anywhere on the packaging or disc, and the software would not install on my laptop which is where I need it to work. The errors and everything I did already is in my fist post.

Could you answer the questions in this link please?

We need this information to help.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/70254-getting-the-most-out-of-the-roxio-community/page__pid__355151#entry355151

Could you answer the questions in this link please?

We need this information to help.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/70254-getting-the-most-out-of-the-roxio-community/page__pid__355151#entry355151

Operating System (including service packs): Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

Make: Lenovo Laptop

Model: G550

Video card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Processor speed: 2.1 Ghz pentium Dual Core

RAM: 3GB

Free hard drive space: 147GB Free

I last did an operating system update on: 12/30/2010

Operating System (including service packs): Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

Make: Lenovo Laptop

Model: G550

Video card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Processor speed: 2.1 Ghz pentium Dual Core

RAM: 3GB

Free hard drive space: 147GB Free

I last did an operating system update on: 12/30/2010

software will not install on My laptop,

* Error code or issue:?

* Error code or issue:?

I bought the software Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning and am getting an install error on my Windows 7 Home Premium Laptop. I get the "You Must install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the content." I tried the hotfix posted here on the forum, but it wont allow me to install and Says "Could not locate the required registry key for removal". I have gone thru the clean install intructions and also tried to remove .net framework 3.5 SP1 also stated in these forums.

I bought the software Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning 2009 and am getting an install error on my Windows 7 Home Premium Laptop. I get the "You Must install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the content." I tried the hotfix posted here on the forum, but it wont allow me to install and Says "Could not locate the required registry key for removal". I have gone thru the clean install intructions and also tried to removel .net framework 3.5 SP1 also stated in these forums. I have the software working on another Windows 7 Ultimate system so I know its compatible, I just cant get it to install on this laptop. Any help would be appreciated as I bought this yesterday and have been pulling my hair out trying to get it to work on my computer. I feel like ive read through everything on this software. THANKS, Nick.

There is no Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning 2009.

There is a Roxio Creator 2009 and it is not Windows 7 compatible.

There is a Easy CD and DVD Burning (in Red Box)with a windows 7 version.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/forum/144-easy-cd-and-dvd-burning-in-red-box-vista-windows-7-compatible/

Open help about and tell us what version you have please.

Archived