Changing Password

REDWAGON

Question

After not being able to log onto the discussion group AT ALL no matter what I tried (Always was sent back to the Internet Explorer screen that advised "Page Cannot Be Displayed". I called Roxio's Customer Support (Long distance call to Canada by the way) and advised the rep of my problem. After giving her all of my personal information (name, address, User ID, etc.) She changed my password and advised me to try logging on again. This time I was able to log in. I do not want to keep the temporary password she assigned to me. I searched on "Change Password" and the only advice given was to "Recover a lost Password" by filling out another form etc.

I do not want to recover a password as that will just get me back to the old temporary password I was given I assume. SOOOOO, how does one go about CHANGING a personal password ? In "MY CONTROLS" I couldn't find any place where that could be done.

Thanks for some solution

Frank..........

Redwagon....

5 answers to this question

Frank,

Go to the left of the page you're looking at.Under Support Home click overview.When the page refreshes go to the right of the new page and under Quick Links go to Login to My Roxio.Login with your current stuff.After you login a page will display that lets you change your password.You can also update your profile from there if you need to change other things.

Hey thanks Terry. I would have never though to start by going to the "Overview" selection. No problem with the way they do it though. One just has to know the path.

After changing my password I just hope it works next time around.

Cheers :)

Frank.............

Guest mlpasley

You can also do it from www.roxio.com and clicking on the myroxio in the upper right hand corner.

I get the 'incorrect password message' frequently if the site is down. So next time you might want to wait a bit before you call.

When I called customer Service in Canada ml, the rep checked the forum group and advised me that the forum group was up and running fine. After she assigned me the new temporary password, she logged in and everything went fine. After that I could get in using the temp one.

Before that, I even went back to my regular internet explorer and tried to send an e-mail to roxio and that even wouldn't let me send. Anyway the problem seems to be solved for now and that's what counts. I am aware that Roxio does do maintenance on their site everyonce in a while but there is usually a message from one of the admin's when that happens.

Frank.....

Archived