An Error Has Occurred Recompressing The Video

jeffjaco1175

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi Jeff -

I talked to our tech liason w/ engineering and Tsantee's suggestions are right on. The 98 track limitation (I think it's actually be 99) isn't a bug, but a limitation of the DVD specification - which is something the software can't work around without making the DVD unplayable.

Try Tsantee's suggestions and see how it goes.

Jon

Roxio Customer Care

I Am trying to make a compilation dvd of two video_st folders. When I click the red button to make the dvd I get the error message "An Error Has Occurred Recompressing the Video". How do I get past this so that I may successfully complete my project. I am using toast 10.

Thanks

Hi Jeff -

Where did the Video_TS folders come from?

If they came from a commercial DVD, it's probably the encryption (CSS/Macrovision) preventing and the recompression.

If they are are not from commercial DVDs, explain where they came from, what software created them, how long they are each, and any other info you have on them.

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Customer Care

I Am trying to make a compilation dvd of two video_st folders. When I click the red button to make the dvd I get the error message "An Error Has Occurred Recompressing the Video". How do I get past this so that I may successfully complete my project. I am using toast 10.

Thanks

The recent versions of Toast 10 have some bugs in the VIDEO_TS options. If you deselected anything rom the original VIDEO_TS folder that may be why you got the error. Here is my workaround:

Choose DVD-Video as the format in the Video window. Place a VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop or in the Movies folder and choose DVD with the top button of the Toast Media Browser. Double click on what appears in the browser window. You should see the individual video titles. Drag any you want to the main Toast window. Toast then extracts the video from the VIDEO_TS folder and writes it to the Roxio Converted Items folder. Do the same with your other VIDEO_TS folder.

Now you have the benefit of being able to create a DVD menu if you like. If you don't want a menu you need to choose that option.

This is more cumbersome but it should work.

Actually i dont think this will work because the entire reason i want to use the video_st folder option is so that i can get around the 98 file limit. How do i fix the bug in the program causing this? is there a patch I can download?

I'll see if there is a listed bug on this tomorrow.

Couple follow up questions (some of them obvious):

•  
  • How many videos?
  • Total size of the project?
  • Size of the DVD your recording to?
  • I'm assuming Toast made the project?
  • You have made a project like this before successfully?

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Customer Care

I have done projects like this before. The reason I am having trouble is because roxio won't allow me to have more than 98 tracks even though it only ads up to about 35 minutes and there is plenty of room on the dvd. Please let me know if there is a fix for this bug. Thanks for all your help. Please note I have the Mac version.

Actually i dont think this will work because the entire reason i want to use the video_st folder option is so that i can get around the 98 file limit. How do i fix the bug in the program causing this? is there a patch I can download?

I don't see how using the media browser to access the titles is any different than using the VIDEO_TS folders option in relation to the 98-title limit per disc. Toast sees the identical number of titles either way. What does matter is the media browser option extracts each title as a separate mpeg file which may help you avoid that error message.

Archived