• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 11 Or Vhs To Dvd?

ekallaur

Question

A while back I purchased "Easy VHS to DVD" and loved the video creation/editing software. Since then, I purchased a new laptop and misplaced my instillation disc and can't find it anywhere. When I ordered my Dell laptop, I had "Roxio Creator 10" installed which gave me a few of the capabilities for video creation, but not everything I needed. Anyways, I would feel like a fool buying the Easy VHS to DVD program again, since I have the usb cable already.

Can someone tell me if Creator 11 has a VHS to DVD feature? They don't mention it, but you never know. For me to get an upgrade from Creator 10 is $59.99, the same price as Easy VHS to DVD program. It's a shame you can't just buy the installation disc by itself w/out the hardware. I also am interested in the audio software Creator 11 offers, but if it can't handle the VHS to DVD, I'm kind of stuck in the middle and don't want to buy 2 programs.

Help!!

7 answers to this question

A while back I purchased "Easy VHS to DVD" and loved the video creation/editing software. Since then, I purchased a new laptop and misplaced my instillation disc and can't find it anywhere. When I ordered my Dell laptop, I had "Roxio Creator 10" installed which gave me a few of the capabilities for video creation, but not everything I needed. Anyways, I would feel like a fool buying the Easy VHS to DVD program again, since I have the usb cable already.

Can someone tell me if Creator 11 has a VHS to DVD feature? They don't mention it, but you never know. For me to get an upgrade from Creator 10 is $59.99, the same price as Easy VHS to DVD program. It's a shame you can't just buy the installation disc by itself w/out the hardware. I also am interested in the audio software Creator 11 offers, but if it can't handle the VHS to DVD, I'm kind of stuck in the middle and don't want to buy 2 programs.

Help!!

First, you are mentioning software that does not exist. There is a Creator 2010, and there is a Creator 2011, so it would be best to use the proper names of the products you have.

You probably have a Dell, crippled version of Creator 2010. The full version of Creator 2010 does have the ability to capture, from the Roxio USB device, ie, it includes the same capture software that the Easy VHS to DVD has.

Creator 2011 has it too.

Help!!

Do these screen caps look like your old Easy VHS to DVD program?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/49170-installing-easy-vhs-to-dvd-on-vista-home-premium-32-sp1/

There are three versions of the Easy VHS to DVD program, read below.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/64988-what-version-do-i-have/page__pid__330209#entry330209

The last/newest version (Build 201B23A) that is selling today is not anything like the two older versions, just a heads up.

Since you have the Roxio USB Capture Device, you can use it with the Retail Creator 2011 version.

Grandpa: thank you, will be sure to use the proper product names.

Cdanteek: Yes, the first link to the screen shots looks exactly like what I had for Easy VHS to DVD. Thanks for the heads up..

Does Creator 2011 have LP to Cd/digital? I assume it does, just want to make sure..they don't advertise these things.

Then it seems the choice for me is clear to get Creator 2011. Does it really make a difference to get the Pro version?

Grandpa: thank you, will be sure to use the proper product names.

Cdanteek: Yes, the first link to the screen shots looks exactly like what I had for Easy VHS to DVD. Thanks for the heads up..

Does Creator 2011 have LP to Cd/digital? I assume it does, just want to make sure..they don't advertise these things.

Then it seems the choice for me is clear to get Creator 2011. Does it really make a difference to get the Pro version?

Yes, it is able to get music, from your turntable, to your hard drive. You can then burn CDs from the sound files.

Archived