Roxio 2011 Pro Splash Screen Hang

Veejayuu

Question

One day Roxio 2011 Pro loads perfectly and the next day it goes non responsive at the splash screen. CPU settles at 25% due to Roxiocentral activity but the GUI will not appear.

This is a two month old Vaio with i7 processor and all the bells and whistles. My previous lappy (also a Vaio) had the same problem with Roxio 2010 Pro and I had to revert to starting the application I need from shortcuts, now it seems that 2011 applications will need starting the same way.

So why will the GUI not load? I don't need to spend hours uninstalling and clean installing, I want the program to be productive - and why not for the money it costs? The GUI is useful and is tidier than a list of shortcuts. Has anyone else experienced this nuisance and solved it, please?

Windows 7 64bit system - fully updated.

2 answers to this question

One day Roxio 2011 Pro loads perfectly and the next day it goes non responsive at the splash screen. CPU settles at 25% due to Roxiocentral activity but the GUI will not appear.

This is a two month old Vaio with i7 processor and all the bells and whistles. My previous lappy (also a Vaio) had the same problem with Roxio 2010 Pro and I had to revert to starting the application I need from shortcuts, now it seems that 2011 applications will need starting the same way.

So why will the GUI not load? I don't need to spend hours uninstalling and clean installing, I want the program to be productive - and why not for the money it costs? The GUI is useful and is tidier than a list of shortcuts. Has anyone else experienced this nuisance and solved it, please?

Many times it is related to your anti-virus trying to clean your registry and mistaking the Roxio entries as "virus like". Adjust your anti-virus to ignore Roxio entries or just turn off your registry cleaner altogether.

Open a web ticket and send them your installation files.

Getting Installation Log Files,

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/69563-getting-installation-log-files/

If you need to ask Roxio some questions,

Contact Customer Care

# Telephone Support: Free for Creator 2011 customers during normal business hours* at 877-793-7471 (North America only).

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/c2011/contact.html

Archived