How To Set Auto-Start With Video Ts Tab

videogroup

Question

6 answers to this question

The function for Autostart is encoded in the VIDEO_TS folder. If you burn a VIDEO_TS folder as-is, then it will take everything as-is, including its setting for First Play.

To change the playback behavior of a VIDEO_TS folder, you could use MyDVDEdit, by changing First Play to Jump to Title 1.

Make sure the volume and the folders have read/write access, for MyDVDEdit to be able to save any changes you make.

What you say makes sense - it's what I thought would happen. But it doesn't. I've created a menu in DVD Studio Pro with a functioning first play command. When I use the format (burn) command in DVD Studio Pro, the disk will auto-start. When I bring the Video TS folder into Toast and burn a disk it doesn't. I assumed because Toast has an option to enable auto-start when Video DVD is selected that it had to be enabled in all cases. Since I see no way to make that selection when using a Video TS folder, and since the burned disk does not auto-start, I sense there is a problem somewhere in the process. It should auto-start, but doesn't.

That is odd and unexpected to me. Sorry I can't offer more help on this.

I don't have access to DSP, so I am not able to test things on my side.

Not sure if this will help diagnostically, but these questions arise:

1/ Instead of Autostart, does it go to the main menu, or just sit idle?

2/ Can you try different set top players to see if the behavior is the same on all players?

Thanks for trying.

I now believe this isn't just an auto-start issue. It's looking more like some kind of disconnect between the Video TS file created in DVD Studio Pro and Toast. The disks I burn straight from DVD Studio auto-start on my Mac, PC, old Sony DVD player and newer Panasonic Blu-Ray player. The disks I burn with Toast will auto-start on the Mac but on nothing else. File structure, missing files ???? I wish there was a way to talk to someone at Sonic, but such is not the case.

When you chose the DVD-Rom option in the Data window there is nothing that Toast does to change anything. I suggest clicking New Disc and naming the disc. Then add the VIDEO_TS folder to the Toast window. When you click the burn button Toast automatically adds the AUDIO_TS folder but you can add an empty AUDIO_TS folder before burning if you like. If that disc doesn't automatically load and start the way you've created the VIDEO_TS folder in DVD SP then I don't know what may be the issue. Is there any file or folder name that isn't according to the video DVD spec?

Thanks for trying.

I now believe this isn't just an auto-start issue. It's looking more like some kind of disconnect between the Video TS file created in DVD Studio Pro and Toast. The disks I burn straight from DVD Studio auto-start on my Mac, PC, old Sony DVD player and newer Panasonic Blu-Ray player. The disks I burn with Toast will auto-start on the Mac but on nothing else. File structure, missing files ???? I wish there was a way to talk to someone at Sonic, but such is not the case.

Archived