• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Captued Audio/video Content Jolted, Jittery, Skips

aerobozo2

Question

I have responded to Roxio Help before and received instructions per ticket # 1146044. I have tried implementing the prescribed resolutions and to no avail (see below) ,,,, the same issues continue to occur. I am operating on the “Windows Vista “ Operating System. Both audio and visual tracks being copied from a Sony 8mm Camcorder transfer as jolted, jittery, and not as they are previewed on the camcorder itself. There is some disconnect between clean audio/visual play and Roxio capture. I have tried updating drivers,,,, removing & reloading the entire software,,,, etc. This is very frustrating,,,, I can provide a sample clip if necessary,,, I am also receiving a windows message saying that the USB connection is not functioning properly and that Windows does not recognize the USB connection,,,, However I am able to connect & see the audio/visual via the Roxio Program and transfer,,,,, it just does not record properly!!!! Please advise,,,,,

Roxio Customer Care Response:

We appreciate that you took the time to write to us.

I understand from your notes that when capturing a VHS tape using the video Capture USB device, the video is jerky

Could you try and change the following settings:

Go to Control Panel

select Sound/audio devices

Click Audio TAB

For playback device, click Advanced

Then click Performance TAB

move the hardware acceleration slider back a notch or two

Also could you choose the option to capture video and save the output file to your hard disk

When the capture is finished, choose the option MyDVD Express to make a DVD with this file

Please ensure that all applications running in the background are disabled before capturing videos: screensavers, hibernation mode etc...

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the assistance. Here is the following information:

• Error code or issue: No Code. Sometimes I receive a windows message saying that the USB connection is not functioning properly and that Windows does not recognize the USB connection,,,, However I am able to connect & see the audio/visual via the Roxio Program and transfer,,,,, it just does not record properly. Both audio and visual tracks being copied from a Sony 8mm Camcorder transfer as jolted, jittery, and not as they are previewed on the camcorder itself. There is some disconnect between clean audio/visual play and Roxio captured files.

• What kind of project were you working on: Transferring 1990’s analog 8mm video tapes via a 8mm video camcorder to my Sony VIAO Laptop computer hard drive.

• What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them? 1990’s analog 8mm video tapes to ‘.mpg” files on my hard drive.

• Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process? Project completes, but completed file is jolted, jittery, and not as previewed on the camcorder itself.

• Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about? Project completes, but completed file is jolted, jittery, and not as previewed on the camcorder itself.

• Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what? No.

Tell us about your computer

Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.

• Operating System (including service packs): Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2

• Make: Sony

• Model: VIAO VGN-CS115J

• Video card : Mobile Intel ® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

• Processor speed: Intel ® Core Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz

• RAM: 4 GB, 64 Bit Operating System

• Free hard drive space: 60 Gig

• I last did an operating system update on: January 10 2011

Please let me know if there is any other information that I could provide.

Tim_

Thanks for the info Tim!

Laptops do not make good Video Editing machines, but I don’t think yours would be the problem in this case!

Did you compare the Device Manager entries with cdanteek’s pictures? (Post #2) They must be a perfect match!

HDD free space is good but go ahead and Defrag it.

It sounds like it is dropping frames during capture, producing choppy results.

After confirming the Drivers and Defrag, try a test capture using the Record, Edit & Save part of the software to see how the playback is in Preview…

Also there is the option to use Software Rendering:

post-39730-036688600 1295868510.jpg

If the above test does not work, try that too.

We are not Roxio employees and have no access to your information… :(

In order to offer any suggestions A little more information would help us get a better picture. Try using these guidelines for describing your problem and your system: HERE.

Additionally, the Version of your software could prove useful. (Versions)

One thing jumping out is the part you mentioned about Warnings from Vista about the device… Go through cdanteek’s post Here and compare his screen caps to your system.

We are not Roxio employees and have no access to your information… :(

In order to offer any suggestions A little more information would help us get a better picture. Try using these guidelines for describing your problem and your system: HERE.

Additionally, the Version of your software could prove useful. (Versions)

One thing jumping out is the part you mentioned about Warnings from Vista about the device… Go through cdanteek’s post Here and compare his screen caps to your system.

My Roxie version is Build 201B23A EMU. Roxio's recommended fix is in the original post.

Archived