• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009 Ultimate

Tom77723

Question

Hi:Last week I removed Creator 2009 (C9) from my system because i thought that it might be interfering with my ECDC 6 program. I don't think that it was.

I tried to re-install it tonight. It completes the process and orders me to restart my system.

I do as told.

When I click on most of the applications either nothing happens or I get a message "No permission to lunch application".

I'm pretty much married to ECDC 6 yet. I'm not planning to use the C9 program right now. I've had it for years and feel that it is time to give it a try.

So, no rush to fix it.

Tom

11 answers to this question

Hi:Last week I removed Creator 2009 (C9) from my system because i thought that it might be interfering with my ECDC 6 program. I don't think that it was.

I tried to re-install it tonight. It completes the process and orders me to restart my system.

I do as told.

When I click on most of the applications either nothing happens or I get a message "No permission to lunch application".

I'm pretty much married to ECDC 6 yet. I'm not planning to use the C9 program right now. I've had it for years and feel that it is time to give it a try.

So, no rush to fix it.

Tom

What O/S do you have on the computer you are trying to install Creator 2009?.

What O/S do you have on the computer you are trying to install Creator 2009?.

=================================================

Hi Ogdens:

WinXP Pro

I originally installed it a few years ago but never used it much at all.

Decided that I should give it a look.

Tom

=================================================

Hi Ogdens:

WinXP Pro

I originally installed it a few years ago but never used it much at all.

Decided that I should give it a look.

Tom

Clean uninstall reinstall instructions # 13 in my signature, 'Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)'.

This post could be helpful..

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/47916-no-permission-to-launch/page__p__252713__hl__no+permission+to+launch+application__fromsearch__1#entry252713

Hi:Haven't been using this machine since sending above comment. Really want to do work on here.

I tried to run the windows uninstaller for Office. But my office is "Office 2000 Pro" and it is not covered by the installer. I know you probably think I'm too cheap to update my software. You're probably correct. But I have Win 7 and Office 2010 but I'm not ready for them yet.

They'll go on my next machine. I need this system for ECDC 6.

Still have Roxio trying to find a certificate when I try to open MS word. Also a new anomally had shown.

After using the "msconfig" command to change the "System Configuration Utility" my computer does not startup as before. It takes (perhaps) 5 times longer to get to the start position after I input my password. Before it went right into start mode.

I get a window that say:

a. You used system configuration utility (SCU) and it is in diagnostic mode or selective start mode; and

b. Choose normal startup on the general tab to start normally: and

c. Undo changes made to the system configuration unit (SCU).

Somewhere along the way I got instructions to and I did make changes to the SCU. Later I believe that I went back and reset them.

Running WINXP SP3

Except for these two issues the system is running very smoothly

Any ideas?

Clean uninstall reinstall instructions # 13 in my signature, 'Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)'.

This post could be helpful..

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/47916-no-permission-to-launch/page__p__252713__hl__no+permission+to+launch+application__from search__1#entry252713

=========================

Hi:I am the person who started this thread. I'm sorry that I got involved with C9 at this time. I have dug a deep hole.

After spending forever clearing cookies, history and temp folders I went to recycling bin for the last of many runs.

I stopped at MY last step "empty the recycle bin"

Problem is: C9 Ultimate is searching for a certificate and creating new files before i can remove them.

Before entering into the registry I was trying to backup my root directory but stopped because i did not want to infect my ext HDD's.

I think that I got carried away with all the good stuff I've been learning here. If I have to install a new HDD, that is what I'll do. I keep important materials on ext drives. My projects might be problem.

Don't know what I can ask for here except PRAYERS. LOL.

If you have ideas, I'll be glad to try them.

In order to get back on here I had to setup a new identity. I was tom77723. Now as you can see it's 7723tom. I'll try to change it back to the orig.

Tom

=========================

Hi:I am the person who started this thread. I'm sorry that I got involved with C9 at this time. I have dug a deep hole.

After spending forever clearing cookies, history and temp folders I went to recycling bin for the last of many runs.

I stopped at MY last step "empty the recycle bin"

Problem is: C9 Ultimate is searching for a certificate and creating new files before i can remove them.

Before entering into the registry I was trying to backup my root directory but stopped because i did not want to infect my ext HDD's.

I think that I got carried away with all the good stuff I've been learning here. If I have to install a new HDD, that is what I'll do. I keep important materials on ext drives. My projects might be problem.

Don't know what I can ask for here except PRAYERS. LOL.

If you have ideas, I'll be glad to try them.

In order to get back on here I had to setup a new identity. I was tom77723. Now as you can see it's 7723tom. I'll try to change it back to the orig.

Tom

Are you receiving a certificate file error while trying to remove the Roxio program from add remove programs?

You started with #1?

1.Remove Creator 2009 or 2010 through the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.

* Go to Start -> Control Panel.

* Double-click on Add or Remove Programs.

* Select Roxio Creator 2009 and click Change/Remove.

* Follow the on-screen instructions.

Are you receiving a certificate file error while trying to remove the Roxio program from add remove programs?

YES. iT COMES UP AFTER A BOX THAT SAYS WINDOWS IS CONFIGURING C9.

You started with #1?

I FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS IN THE ORDER GIVEN.

1.Remove Creator 2009 or 2010 through the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. COMPLETED PRIOR TO MY PREV REPORT.

* Go to Start -> Control Panel.

* Double-click on Add or Remove Programs.

* Select Roxio Creator 2009 and click Change/Remove.

* Follow the on-screen instructions.

Since the last report. I backed up the registry as told. I think that the problem might be on my HDD.

Then I removed Roxio and Sonic from the registry.

Problem still exist.

When I right click on "MY COMPUTER" the first followed by the second message appears.

Is it possible that installing C9 could fix it?

Also, I suspect that the my program disc might be a problem. I hadn't touched it for three years. It has some scratches.

It did not seem to install the way Roxio usually does.

Thanks for your active support.

Tom

PS:I just went to my STSRT menu to open WORD and the messages appeared. So it is everywhere.

It's an hour later and i have re-installed C9. When done I find C9 on the START menu.

Click and APPLICATIONS comes up

Click Applications and two are shown.

They are CinePlayer and Backontrackhome. Clicked on CinePlayer and after a long wait it comes on.

The Backontrackhome program took me to the web site and authorized my use of it. It works fine.

The undesirable messages continue to appear. I think they come up when I use the RIGHT clicker on the mouse. Don't know for sure.

THAT IS ALL I HAVE OF C9.

Tom

If you have version 6 installed I'm not sure how you can clean this problem up without mucking up version 6!

Do you have a good installation disc to reinstall version 6?

Hi:

Yes, as far as I know. But I thought that my C9 Disc was good.

I have already removed ECDC 6. I hope that I can get back to my projects.

Do you have any ideas?

Tom

Hi:

Yes, as far as I know. But I thought that my C9 Disc was good.

I have already removed ECDC 6. I hope that I can get back to my projects.

Do you have any ideas?

Tom

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Retired

Corrine

6/29/2010 7:36:00 AM

Since its original release, the Windows Installer Cleanup utility has been recommended countless times to resolve installation problems. The utility removed the installation files, not the program, providing the ability to start the process over.

Unfortunately, it was found that the Windows Installer Cleanup utility was could damage some other components of the Windows operating system. As a result, Microsoft removed the Windows Installer Cleanup utility from the Download Center.

In place of the Windows Installer Cleanup utility, Microsoft now provides a Fix it Solution to fully remove Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 suites without damaging other Windows components. The Fix it for Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 is available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301.

Although Major Geeks is still hosting the Windows Installer Cleanup utility, the use is at your own risk since Microsoft no longer supports the utility.

http://clubhouse.microsoft.com/Public/Post/3d3db81c-a4a7-4d34-869e-a5a95714baa7

Download it and run it. Be aware only choose Roxio entries and uninstall/remove/delete them with the utility.

I hope that I can get back to my projects.

Doubtful after this!

Download it and run it. Be aware only choose Roxio entries and uninstall/remove/delete them with the utility.

Doubtful after this!

Hi: Thanks for all the time your spending on this problem.

I don't understand how MS installer utility works into this but I'm sure you know how it might help.

I'll give it a try. I suppose that it will search for the Roxio related files and then be able to remove them.

Well my projects are safe. I set up another computer with ECDC 6 and was able to move all the files from here to that machine.

Fortunately, I had my source Video files on the ext HDD and kept copying Roxio generated files to that drive.

I just love ECDC 6. Wish they could have kept upgrading it year after year. It would be top of the line for me.

Just finished setting up the other system and I am way past my bedtime.

Good night.

Thanks again,Tom

Archived