Dvd Editting

gary b

Question

7 answers to this question

Did you create that DVD in a Video Recorder? Is there also a Video_TS folder on that DVD?

Hello myguggi,Yes I did it in a VHS/DVD combo. I figured it would be the best way to go after trying to transfer VHS to DVD using roxio creator 2009. What I got was sometimes a soundtrack that was distorted and a video track that was jumpy not smooth and yes there is a video-ts folder there on the hardrive. I hope this helps. What about editting the sound track when it shows up? Thanks again gary b

Thank you guys. Grandpabruce thank you for coming down to my level and explaining your solutions step by step. It worked and I now have the video to edit. Just one problem, where did the audio go? I need to edit it too.Also with the Video-RM and RM-TS files stored on the hardrive,can I play back the stored files and watch them like playing a dvd disc on my computer?

Thank you guys. Grandpabruce thank you for coming down to my level and explaining your solutions step by step. It worked and I now have the video to edit. Just one problem, where did the audio go? I need to edit it too.Also with the Video-RM and RM-TS files stored on the hardrive,can I play back the stored files and watch them like playing a dvd disc on my computer?

Did you create that DVD in a Video Recorder? Is there also a Video_TS folder on that DVD?

I recently transfered homemade vhs video to dvd+rw disc.I'm now wanting to take some of the video footage from the disc and store it for a movie I'm making. Can it be done and how. I'm using Creator 2009. win xp thanks

If your using "I'm using Creator 2009" why would you post in the Easy VHS to DVD Forum?

Confirm that is the Roxio version your using and we will get it to the correct forum.

Make a new folder on you desktop, right click, click new folder.

Go to My Computer and right click open on your DVD Drive with the RW disc in it. Then right click, select all, right click copy. Go to the new folder and right click paste. Your RW should copy to the folder.

If your using "I'm using Creator 2009" why would you post in the Easy VHS to DVD Forum?

Confirm that is the Roxio version your using and we will get it to the correct forum.

Make a new folder on you desktop, right click, click new folder.

Go to My Computer and right click open on your DVD Drive with the RW disc in it. Then right click, select all, right click copy. Go to the new folder and right click paste. Your RW should copy to the folder.

Sorry I am in the wrong place. where and how do I get where I'm supposed to be?

I created a folder on the desktop then I right clicked on the drive with the dvd disc in it and there wasn't a choice to "select all",what now?

When the dvd-rw is stored on the hardrive,what do I do to edit a portion of it for editting? Another thought I'm having. Can I edit right from the disc?thanks so much.

I created a folder on the desktop then I right clicked on the drive with the dvd disc in it and there wasn't a choice to "select all",what now?

When the dvd-rw is stored on the hardrive,what do I do to edit a portion of it for editting? Another thought I'm having. Can I edit right from the disc?thanks so much.

Right click on the drive with the DVD, then select Explore or Explore. Then, select (highlight) all of the files on the disc, click on Edit (or right click on one of the highlighted files), then click on Copy. Go back to your desktop, double click on the folder that you made, then right click in the open folder, and select Paste.

Now, if you are going to want to do a lot of editing of that video, then I would move that folder, off of my desktop, to your hard drive. To edit that video, click on the Roxio desktop icon, then click on Video-Movies on the left side, then click on Edit Video-Advanced, which will open VideoWave.

Once VideoWave is open, click on the Add Photo/Video button, under the Add Content heading, and browse to the folder where your files are. There should be a Video_TS folder there. Double click on it, and select the first file that has a .vob file extension, then click on Open. You should get a message box that asks you what movies you want to import. Put a check in the boxes to the left of all of them, then click OK. Your movies should come in for editing.

It is getting close to time for me to shut down the computer, and I know that you will have questions on what to do, after your movie is in VideoWave, but someone else will drop in and offer additional help, if you do have questions.

I'll drop in, in the morning, to offer my help, too.

With the RW disc in the DVD Drive go to My Computer and right click open on your DVD Drive. Then right click, select all, right click copy. Go to the new folder and right click paste. Your RW should copy to the folder.

Archived