• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

cannot open photos with photosuite

lewisbmo

Question

I had EMC 6 and recently purchased EMC 8. When I try to open a photo using photosuite 8 I get this message: Runtime error!

Program:….s\Roxio\EasyCD Creator 6\ PhotoSuite\RoxioPhotoSuite.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way,

Please contact the application’s support team for more information

I have an HP 7160 with Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service pack 2

There seems to be a conflict between my old EMC 6 and the new EMC 8

How can I resolve this problem?

thanks

2 answers to this question

I had EMC 6 and recently purchased EMC 8. When I try to open a photo using photosuite 8 I get this message: Runtime error!

Please contact the application's support team for more information

I have an HP 7160 with Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service pack 2

thanks

I am not so sure it is a conflict between v6 and v8, I have both on my computer with no problems. The pictures that you are trying to open with v8, did you do any photo editing of them using any other software program? What version of EMC6 do you have. Are these jpg photos? Exactly how are you trying to open them. Could you list the specs of your computer other then the ones you listed above. Just trying to get all the information before narrowing it down to what might cause the problem.

Please contact the application's support team for more information

thanks

HP 7160? When I Google for it, I get a very old model with a 1.7G process or, not much memory, and an on-board video chip. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place or HP has more than one model with that designation. I doubt if MCE would run on that one.

Ah, just found another one, the m7160n. That's better. More than enough power but still an integrated video. Is that what you have? If so, it looks like there are no video driver updates. It helps if you give complete information on your computer. When you get a few $, you might want to get a stand alone video card; you have a pci express slot open. This is not a requirements; a lot of people get by with on-bord video.

Have you tried a Windows>Contol Panel. Add/Remove programs> repair? If not, do it with the computer disconnected from the internet, all anit-virus and malware shut down and a clean and degragged hard drive. Do you have that 250 G hard drive partitioned?

Archived