• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 2011 Pro - Itunes Interferes With It

SthrnDixieCwgrl

Question

I have been able to use Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 to create DVD movies (where if you go to Start>Computer and then right-click on the optical drive and click open and then be able to see a folder labled as VIDEO_TS) by going to Video>Compile DVDs and Movies and the Roxio Video Copy & Convert window opens. Then I add the file/files I need and then click the Burn... button.

I also have Roxio 2010 Pro and Roxio Creator 2011 Pro and cannot figure out how to do the same thing in Roxio 2010 Pro and 2011 Pro that I did with Roxio EMC 10.

I was surprised I was even able to get Roxio EMC 10 to work with Windows 7 64-bit even though it is out-dated and no longer getting updates.

Where can I find the information I need to be able to do the same thing I was doing in Roxio EMC 10, but be able to do them in both Roxio Creator 2010 Pro and Roxio Creator 2011 Pro.

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have been able to use Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 to create DVD movies (where if you go to Start>Computer and then right-click on the optical drive and click open and then be able to see a folder labled as VIDEO_TS) by going to Video>Compile DVDs and Movies and the Roxio Video Copy & Convert window opens. Then I add the file/files I need and then click the Burn... button.

I also have Roxio 2010 Pro and Roxio Creator 2011 Pro and cannot figure out how to do the same thing in Roxio 2010 Pro and 2011 Pro that I did with Roxio EMC 10.

I was surprised I was even able to get Roxio EMC 10 to work with Windows 7 64-bit even though it is out-dated and no longer getting updates.

Where can I find the information I need to be able to do the same thing I was doing in Roxio EMC 10, but be able to do them in both Roxio Creator 2010 Pro and Roxio Creator 2011 Pro.

It is possible that the installation of EMC 10 is overriding the other install.

(where if you go to Start>Computer and then right-click on the optical drive and click open and then be able to see a folder labled as VIDEO_TS) by going to Video>Compile DVDs and Movies and the Roxio Video Copy & Convert window opens.

I can't even follow those directions!

Try start, all programs, Roxio 2010 or 2011, applications, video copy and convert.

Will that work for you?

Answered elsewhere. Do not double post ! :angry2:

I can't even follow those directions!

Try start, all programs, Roxio 2010 or 2011, applications, video copy and convert.

Will that work for you?

I did that and iTunes opened. Why would iTunes open when I go to Start>All Programs>Roxio 2011>Applications>Video Copy & Convert. It has always done this when I try to use 2011, but I don't have this issue with EMC 10. Is 2011 possessed or is iTunes being a dictator. I still have not figured out how to keep iTunes from opening when I use 2011. It's annoying.

Also is .mkv/Matroska files able to be used in Video Copy and Convert. I have not been able to find anything that will burn .mkv files to DVD or let me convert them to something else. I cannot get that format to work with EMC 10, but I think Toast 10 can, but not positive as I have not used it in a while or the Mac OS X partition in awhile either (I use Apple systems for hardware stability since a PC needs life support every 3-4 months and I don't have that kind of time to redo the hard drive anymore).

Edited by SthrnDixieCwgrl

I did that and iTunes opened. Why would iTunes open when I go to Start>All Programs>Roxio 2011>Applications>Video Copy & Convert. It has always done this when I try to use 2011, but I don't have this issue with EMC 10. Is 2011 possessed or is iTunes being a dictator. I still have not figured out how to keep iTunes from opening when I use 2011. It's annoying.

Also is .mkv/Matroska files able to be used in Video Copy and Convert. I have not been able to find anything that will burn .mkv files to DVD or let me convert them to something else. I cannot get that format to work with EMC 10, but I think Toast 10 can, but not positive as I have not used it in a while or the Mac OS X partition in awhile either (I use Apple systems for hardware stability since a PC needs life support every 3-4 months and I don't have that kind of time to redo the hard drive anymore).

Something got screwed up when you installed one of the programs. This is usually caused by having your anti-virus operating during the install. Some of the necessary registry items are blocked. Did you have your anti-virus running?

Try running a Windows Ad/Remove programs REPAIR repair on Creator 2011. If that doesn't work uninstall one of the programs and then reinstall making sure your anti-virus is not running. I find that Revo Uninstaller (free cnet download) used in the Moderate Mode does a good job. I would just do both.

Creator 2010 does not work with MKV file types but Creator 2011 does.

Supported files types for Creator 2010:

"Input Formats

Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, IFO/VOB, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD

Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby® Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)

Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF"

Supported file types for Creator 2011:

"Input Formats

Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, IFO/VOB, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD, MKV

Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby® Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)

Image: MPO, JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

Try "Any Video Converter" (also free from cnet) to convert the files. It will convert mkv files. Read the instructions because some of the options (down arrows) are not visible unless you click on the option.

Something got screwed up when you installed one of the programs. This is usually caused by having your anti-virus operating during the install. Some of the necessary registry items are blocked. Did you have your anti-virus running?

Try running a Windows Ad/Remove programs REPAIR repair on Creator 2011. If that doesn't work uninstall one of the programs and then reinstall making sure your anti-virus is not running. I find that Revo Uninstaller (free cnet download) used in the Moderate Mode does a good job. I would just do both.

Creator 2010 does not work with MKV file types but Creator 2011 does.

Supported files types for Creator 2010:

"Input Formats

Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, IFO/VOB, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD

Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF"

Supported file types for Creator 2011:

"Input Formats

Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, IFO/VOB, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD, MKV

Image: MPO, JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

Try "Any Video Converter" (also free from cnet) to convert the files. It will convert mkv files. Read the instructions because some of the options (down arrows) are not visible unless you click on the option.

I disabled anti-virus and firewall and did a repair install of Roxio 2011 and then it told me to do a restart and I did. Then I went to open Roxio 2011 Vidoe Copy & Convert and iTunes opens. Then I completely uninstalled Roxio 2011 and then it said I needed to restart and I did. Then I reinstalled 2011 and then it told me to restart and I did. Then I went to open Roxio 2011 Video Copy & Convert. Then guess what opened. I will give you a hint, it is a piece of software made by Apple.

Why is this still happening and what do I have to do now to fix this cause this is getting really annoying.

I disabled anti-virus and firewall and did a repair install of Roxio 2011 and then it told me to do a restart and I did. Then I went to open Roxio 2011 Vidoe Copy & Convert and iTunes opens. Then I completely uninstalled Roxio 2011 and then it said I needed to restart and I did. Then I reinstalled 2011 and then it told me to restart and I did. Then I went to open Roxio 2011 Video Copy & Convert. Then guess what opened. I will give you a hint, it is a piece of software made by Apple.

Why is this still happening and what do I have to do now to fix this cause this is getting really annoying.

Uninstall iTunes, and see if the Roxio software works. If it does, then install iTunes again.

It has always done this when I try to use 2011, but I don't have this issue with EMC 10.

Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 is not Windows 7 compatible.

Is it still installed on the PC your having problems with Roxio Creator 2011?

Edited by cdanteek

Well EMC 10 is not compatible with windows 7. So I would start by clean uninstalling all Roxio software and reinstalling C2011 for now and see what happens. Follow each uninstall for each version, use Vista for EMC 10.

Links in my signature..

Well EMC 10 is not compatible with windows 7. So I would start by clean uninstalling all Roxio software and reinstalling C2011 for now and see what happens. Follow each uninstall for each version, use Vista for EMC 10.

Links in my signature..

If EMC 10 is not compatible with Windows 7 then why was I able to install it.

I have no idea how to fix any of this. iTunes still opens when using Creator 2011 Video Copy & Convert. EMC 10 OR Creator 2011 will not erase a DVD-RW so I had to go back to my old system and use EMC 9 to get the disc formatted. That is sad if I have to go to a product that old to do this that should be able to do the same thing on the newer versions.

I have no idea how to fix any of this. iTunes still opens when using Creator 2011 Video Copy & Convert. EMC 10 OR Creator 2011 will not erase a DVD-RW so I had to go back to my old system and use EMC 9 to get the disc formatted. That is sad if I have to go to a product that old to do this that should be able to do the same thing on the newer versions.

Is there any reason that you did not go through the clean install process, as was proposed earlier?

And why would you be formatting any disc?

Is there any reason that you did not go through the clean install process, as was proposed earlier?

And why would you be formatting any disc?

That would involve me backing up a hard drive worth of stuff, finding both discs and then learn how to use the format feature. That takes a lot of time. I thought it would be easier than that.