• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

''error'' Unable To Load Skin

roxio crazy

Question

Hey guy's Roxio has been driving me crazy lately!! First off im using window's vista and recently i was using creator 2010 and this error message came up while i would try to go into videowave or my dvd,anything to do with editing video.This message said ''error'' unable to load skin.So i contacted and searched roxio forum's for help.I loaded the mnxl sp3 files,and reinstalled my system but still had problem..So i went and bought new 2011 roxio creator thinking maybe this would help.And it did work awesome for two weeks and then same message come's up Unable to load skin... I have tried downloading the mnxl service pk 3 didnt help.Im currently working with customer support,But everthing they have me try hasnt worked yet..Im going crazy,Does anyone know what i need to do? Or has this happened to anyone else..I have read some posts where they sound like they had same problem and the downloads have fixed there roxio and did not work on my system..Can someone please help me out?? Please!!!! thanks kelly

7 answers to this question

Something doesn't sound right getting this, running the repair!

When you say you deleted the Roxio program and reinstalled, did you follow the procedure # 11 in my signature to the 'T', didn't add or skip anything?

To check for updates below.

post-97-052448200 1295887952.jpg

post-97-032252600 1295888015.jpg

I did have some updates done automaticllly 2 window vista security updates,and a few windows defender updates...Would thes of caused the problem.And if so how do i fix it....Is ther a way this geek box place can contact you? im taking it in today to have them remove all roxio products and reinstall and see if they can fix it... It would be helpful if they could talk to you since they probably dont know much about roxio...Thanks email me at walleye4615 at msn.com thanks kelly

Hey guy's Roxio has been driving me crazy lately!! First off im using window's vista and recently i was using creator 2010 and this error message came up while i would try to go into videowave or my dvd,anything to do with editing video.This message said ''error'' unable to load skin.So i contacted and searched roxio forum's for help.I loaded the mnxl sp3 files,and reinstalled my system but still had problem..So i went and bought new 2011 roxio creator thinking maybe this would help.And it did work awesome for two weeks and then same message come's up Unable to load skin... I have tried downloading the mnxl service pk 3 didnt help.Im currently working with customer support,But everthing they have me try hasnt worked yet..Im going crazy,Does anyone know what i need to do? Or has this happened to anyone else..I have read some posts where they sound like they had same problem and the downloads have fixed there roxio and did not work on my system..Can someone please help me out?? Please!!!! thanks kelly

It sounds like something you updated or installed on your PC broke the C2011 installation.

Are you using Internet Explorer 9 Beta?

Do you remember doing something like that before it quit working?

Have you tried a repair using the installation disc or from add remove programs/programs and features?

Listing the information at the link below would be helpful. Tell us what Roxio support has had you try?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/70254-getting-the-most-out-of-the-roxio-community/page__pid__355151#entry355151

It sounds like something you updated or installed on your PC broke the C2011 installation.

Are you using Internet Explorer 9 Beta?

Do you remember doing something like that before it quit working?

Have you tried a repair using the installation disc or from add remove programs/programs and features?

Listing the information at the link below would be helpful. Tell us what Roxio support has had you try?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/70254-getting-the-most-out-of-the-roxio-community/page__pid__355151#entry355151

no im not using explorer 9.

my system is Vista home premium service pak 2

dell inspiron 530

Processor-Intel core duo 2 cpu

Ram-3.00gb

32 bit operating sys.

Yes i have tried repairing with roxio disc,Something comes up during repair while cineplayer is being installed sayin feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailible and

to click or browse to where

the cp.msi install pak is located or click ok to try and locate the file and it never does.I have also deleted all roxio products and reinstalled without fixing anything.

I have had my system in before i loaded roxio 2011 to get more memmory and updated since i was having this problem before,And when i got it back i installed 2011 and it worked great for a couple weeks,then the error started,I have not changed anything before i got this error message,But now i have tried install service paks from roxio and mxnl 4.0..I have also

tried services in my browser and changed them all to automatic that said roxio on them,I was told by roxio to do that..

Im not sure how to check video card.....Any suggestions? Let me know if you need anymore info.thanks Kelly

Unless something updated automatically that i dont know about.I havent even been online or using this computer for anything but trying to edit and make movies...Im might jusst end up taking it to geek box and see if they can fix the problem...Is ther anything i can show or tell them..since they probaly dont know much about roxio..thanks kelly

Something comes up during repair while cineplayer is being installed sayin feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailible and

to click or browse to where

the cp.msi install pak is located or click ok to try and locate the file and it never does.I have also deleted all roxio products and reinstalled without fixing anything.

Something doesn't sound right getting this, running the repair!

Unless something updated automatically that i dont know about.I havent even been online or using this computer for anything but trying to edit and make movies...Im might jusst end up taking it to geek box and see if they can fix the problem...Is ther anything i can show or tell them..since they probaly dont know much about roxio..thanks kelly

When you say you deleted the Roxio program and reinstalled, did you follow the procedure # 11 in my signature to the 'T', didn't add or skip anything?

To check for updates below.

post-97-052448200 1295887952.jpg

post-97-032252600 1295888015.jpg

I upgraded to Windows 7 and found Roxio 10 did not work (Per the info on the site it said it was incompatible with 7). So I bought Roxio 11. I downloaded it and try to open a program (edit video or create dvd) I get an error Cannot load skin. The knowledge base said to download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (KB973685), but the system requiremenst do not list it as compatible with windows 7. (doesn't say incompatible, just doesn't list 7). Can I download SP3 anyway to try and fix my problem!!

I upgraded to Windows 7 and found Roxio 10 did not work (Per the info on the site it said it was incompatible with 7). So I bought Roxio 11. I downloaded it and try to open a program (edit video or create dvd) I get an error Cannot load skin. The knowledge base said to download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (KB973685), but the system requiremenst do not list it as compatible with windows 7. (doesn't say incompatible, just doesn't list 7). Can I download SP3 anyway to try and fix my problem!!

Yes, download MSXML 4.0 SP3 from here..

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems:Windows 7;Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2;Windows Server 2008;Windows Server 2008 R2;Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2;Windows Vista;Windows Vista Service Pack 1;Windows Vista Service Pack 2;Windows XP Service Pack 2;Windows XP Service Pack 3

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=e35f3dd3-1bb7-4c74-aed2-49dbae77546b&displaylang=en

Archived