Jim & Cindy

2011 Videowave Aspect Ratio

Question

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and Creator Pro 2011. When I add my 16:9 video clips to video wave editing it compresses the clip with bars at top and bottom. I set the production settings to widescreen and have adjusted the aspect ratio by right clicking on clip. Cannot figure why the perspective is off no matter what I adjust. Help Please!

10 answers to this question

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and Creator Pro 2011. When I add my 16:9 video clips to video wave editing it compresses the clip with bars at top and bottom. I set the production settings to widescreen and have adjusted the aspect ratio by right clicking on clip. Cannot figure why the perspective is off no matter what I adjust. Help Please!

Did you set the production to 16:9, BEFORE you brought in the video clip? If I bring in a 16:9 video file into VideoWave, after setting the production to 16:9. I see gray bars above and below the video, but that is the way it supposed to be.

What do you mean by "and have adjusted the aspect ration by right clicking on the clip"?

Edited by grandpabruce

What do you mean by "and have adjusted the aspect ration by right clicking on the clip"?
Right Click in Storyboard has an option for 'Aspect Ratio Handling'.

Jim & Cindy - what camcorder created these files? Previous versions had issues with .MOD files, but that is no longer an issue.

post-49-073322600 1295964982.jpg

post-49-037673500 1295964988.jpg

Edited by ggrussell

Did you set the production to 16:9, BEFORE you brought in the video clip? If I bring in a 16:9 video file into VideoWave, after setting the production to 16:9. I see gray bars above and below the video, but that is the way it supposed to be.

I do set the new production setting at 16:9. When a clip is added to the story line , I right click on the clip and the option "aspect ratio" is there-niether setting changes the view. The clips are all from a Sony mini disc Camera. I have 2009 version of Creator on my old PC, when I add the very same clips to the 2009 videowave, they appear in proper perspective. Don't know what else to try?

I do set the new production setting at 16:9. When a clip is added to the story line , I right click on the clip and the option "aspect ratio" is there-niether setting changes the view. The clips are all from a Sony mini disc Camera. I have 2009 version of Creator on my old PC, when I add the very same clips to the 2009 videowave, they appear in proper perspective. Don't know what else to try?

What model Sony do you have? Post a screen image of the VideoWave screen, with the video added.

The first image below, is what a 4:3 video looks like in VideoWave, with the production set at 16:9. The second image is what a 16:9 video looks like, in the same production.

post-81-054942600 1295970529.jpg

post-81-017123600 1295970602.jpg

Edited by grandpabruce

post-91768-096714300 1295992063.png

Download and use the free "Jing" from TechSmith. or you can just select print screen on your keyboard.(link)

post-91768-006319300 1295992037.png

The first is 4:3 production with a widescreen clip. The second is 16:9 production with same widescreen clip.The camera is Sony DVD Handycam.When I add the same clip to a new widescreen production on my old PC and Creator 9, it fills the 16:9 screen [no bars] and no distortion.My old PC is much to slow and can't handle the size of files I'm working with.

Sony makes 20 or 30 camcorder, be a little more specific!

HOW did you get these clips from the camcorder into the PC?

Right click on one of your movie clips while it is in VideoWave, Aspect Ratio Handling, and see what it has to say about the aspect ratio of the clip. (like Gary's screen cap)

Don't forget to turn on the TV safe zone in Video Wave The area inside the safe zone will show on any TV but that outside the zone will be cut off. The TV safe zone is much reduced with newer TVs but some is still there.

This is especially important for text placement and image modification but it will still have an effect on video where there is something important on the sides, top and bottom of the video. More information.