• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

BillW

Produce 3D Dvd Or Bluray To Be Read By 3D Tv

Question

I have a new 3D TV that will accept 3D photos and movies from my Fuji W3 camera throughan HDMI cable. When I turn on the camera in play mode, the TV immediately recognizes the camera and switches from 2D to 3D and waits while we put on our 3D glasses. All of this works exactly like I want. What I would like now is to build a DVD or Bluray disk that when I insert it into the DVD or Bluray player, the TV recognnized the slideshow/video just like it would any comercial 3D movie and switches from 2D to 3D just as it does with the camera. I have used Roxio Creator for years and currently own 2010. I am now interested in 2011 for no other reason than the existance of the feature that will generate the disk I wish to produce. Does anyone have experience generating disk that are recobnized by 3D TVs? I don't want anaglyphs to play on my computer or TV - I can already do this with Stereo Photo Maker. I'm looking for something that will read the Fuji W3 MPO files, build a slideshow and burn a 3D disk to be played on my 3D TV via a DVD or Bluray player just like Creator software has always done with its editing software except now for 3D. Sorry for the lenghty explanation, but I really hope 2011 can do this. If it can, I'll buy it immediately. Thank you for your help.

2 answers to this question

I have some sample MPO from a Sony camera. The 3D still image app imports them correctly, but the Video editor doesn't. You could still use the first app to output something to make the video like side by side JPG. That way you could create a RealD disc for the 3D TV.

But the big question is whether or not the TV will recognize the disc automatically. Someone posted issues with that shortly after release. He had to set the TV manually, but it did work.

You could try zipping the Fuji MPO and attaching it here. If it's too large, then post at a file sharing site and we can test it for you.

although the software creates HD dvd (AVCHD) in 3d that will play in the blueray player, it will not create 3D-Blueray disks. i am working on a method to get the 3D HD files to burn to blueray to play in my samsung system. anaglyph is as far as i have gotten in the couple of weeks i've had the software. i plan to try realD soon.

:)

update:

the only technique i have gotten to work yet besides anaglyph is to burn a side-by-side and manually tell the TV to convert it to 3D. if i had a 9000 model instead of a 7000 model i should be able to play a realD video. but, alas.

:)

Edited by wessonjoe