• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capture Audio From Sound Card - No Devices Listed

tobascofish

Question

Creator 10 SP 1

The "Capture From" pull down is empty.

Not only that but the application is very unstable and crashes whenever I attempt to make any setting changes.

Finally, whenever I launch Creator 10 an installation process begins then asks for a "Use Source" path that is invalid.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

juane

9 answers to this question

Did you install W7 over the top of an earlier version of Windows or is it a clean install of W7? Did you do the W7 compatibility test to see if your computer hardware and installed programs are W7 compatible? Creator 2010 is.

Have you configured W7 audio properties for recording and playback devices? It is more complicated that previous versions in my opinion. What are you trying to record from? Did you update the drivers for your audio devices to those that will work with W7.

If you have properly set up you audio devices and still have problems : Check to make sure that you have done this (link),keep your anti-virus turned off and insert the program disc into your computer. You should get a message to reinstall/repair. Do that.

I would say you have a botched installation because your Easy Audio Capture window looks the way it does!

Look at these two links,

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/64772-help-with-reinstalling/

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/62277-missing-applications-after-installing-creator-2010/

Clean uninstall reinstall #11 in my signature.

post-97-039432400 1295970102.jpg

Holy Hanna!

The cost-benefit ratio of trying to salvage a $70 program is quickly becoming an issue. :huh:

I'll try your suggestions CD and thanks for all the replies.

juane

You could try and run the repair option from the disc first and see it it fixes it.

Creator 10 SP 1

The "Capture From" pull down is empty.

Not only that but the application is very unstable and crashes whenever I attempt to make any setting changes.

Finally, whenever I launch Creator 10 an installation process begins then asks for a "Use Source" path that is invalid.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

juane

What is Creator 10? Easy Media Creator 10, or Creator 2010?

Also, start by providing the information, here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/70254-getting-the-most-out-of-the-roxio-community/

* Error code or issue: See attached for both errors

* What kind of project were you working on: None - brand new install

* What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them? NA

* Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process? NA

* Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about? No

* Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what? Yes, brand new install of Win 7 64 bit. SP1.

Tell us about your computer

Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.

* Operating System (including service packs): Win 7 64 bit SP1

* Make: Lenovo

* Model: D20 Workstation

* Video card NVIDIA Quadro FX4800

* Processor speed: Dual quad core Xeon 2.53

* RAM: 8 gig

* Free hard drive space: tons

* I last did an operating system update on: This is a brand new OS build.

post-91728-083923500 1295927653.gif

post-91728-015039600 1295927668.gif

Archived