Video Playback Doesn't Work On All Players

cmonamonamona

Question

I'm using EMC10 for my first project in Video Wave. I burned it to a disk using the DVD express button and it will playback on my computer and on one DVD player (cheaper one) but not on the other DVD player. I've tried with 5 different disks. My disks are JVC Taiyo Yuden. I've read through other topics here in this forum and learned I should burn it at a lower speed.

But when I get to the screen for Burn Project, I see the speed it set at 8.0x. I clicked on the drop down and see the option for speed of 6.0x but I can't select it.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

13 answers to this question

I pulled the project into Windows Movie Maker and burned it from there and that worked! Roxio let me down. But at least it finally works.

Did you follow sknis suggestions in his post #2?

That involved a different method than your, "I burned it to a disk using the DVD express button"

Yes, I did try all of the suggestions but nothing in Roxio worked for me.

In your 1st post you said you created a DVD that works on your computer and a DVD player. That means that Roxio did its jobs correctly and the problem lies elsewhere.

Do you get some sort of display message on the DVD player where it doesn't work?

Yes, I got an error message on my main DVD player and the movie wouldn't play. It did work on the computer and another DVD player. This is my first time using Roxio. I had a different movie editing program before and didn't have this problem. And since Windows Movie Maker did burn the movie so that my DVD player could play it, I blamed Roxio.

Yes, I got an error message on my main DVD player and the movie wouldn't play. It did work on the computer and another DVD player. This is my first time using Roxio. I had a different movie editing program before and didn't have this problem. And since Windows Movie Maker did burn the movie so that my DVD player could play it, I blamed Roxio.

So what was the message or is it a secret?

I'm using EMC10 for my first project in Video Wave. I burned it to a disk using the DVD express button and it will playback on my computer and on one DVD player (cheaper one) but not on the other DVD player. I've tried with 5 different disks. My disks are JVC Taiyo Yuden. I've read through other topics here in this forum and learned I should burn it at a lower speed.

But when I get to the screen for Burn Project, I see the speed it set at 8.0x. I clicked on the drop down and see the option for speed of 6.0x but I can't select it.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

Use the cheaper DVD player. The less expensive ones then to be more forgiving that the high priced ones. :P

Do not use DVD Express. Most people find that disc they make using the ISO file method are more universally accepted.

Save your project close Video Wave and open MyDVD. Add your project(s) with or without menu. When you select to burn, burn (encode) to an ISO (image ) file. Name it and select where you want it. After the burn completes, burn (not copy) the ISO file to the disc.

Archived