• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Screen Resolution/16 Bit Color

Lobster

Question

I don't know why I bothered buying Creator 2011. It's just as temperamental as 2010 was. "My DVD" won't work because it says I need to set my screen resolution at 1024 x 768 or higher - At 1920 x 1080 IT IS HIGHER.

Gone back to little old "X" no hassles and it lets me include a subtitles file.

13 answers to this question

Before adding any more 'me too' posts - PLEASE answer the question asked about graphics chipset and the version of the drivers

Without that nobody will have the slightest idea what's happening

For jdocop - the latest drivers are 266.58.Do you have those installed?

I have the same issue and no resolution yet; my Creator 2011 Pro's "Create DVDs" and "Edit Video-Advanced" won't work because it says I need to set my screen resolution at 1024 x 768 or higher - I'm also at 1920 x 1080 and 32 bit color setting. I'm using windows 7 Pro 64 bit and my computer's video out is via its hdmi lnto a LCD TV.

I have the same issue and no resolution yet; my Creator 2011 Pro's "Create DVDs" and "Edit Video-Advanced" won't work because it says I need to set my screen resolution at 1024 x 768 or higher - I'm also at 1920 x 1080 and 32 bit color setting. I'm using windows 7 Pro 64 bit and my computer's video out is via its hdmi lnto a LCD TV.

To resolve it I had to downgrade/change my bit color setting to be 16 bit... So seems it is a farce that Creator 2011 Pro is Windows 7 compatible... This is still only somewhat of a work-around as many of the screens within all portions of Creator 2011 Pro are still quite truncated in a mostly horizontally fashion in this now (1920 x 1080, 16 bit color) display setting. If you can live with this, at least it does make things somewhat annoyingly functional...

To change the color depth in Windows 7:

1) From the Windows desktop, select Start | Control Panel.

2) Under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution.

3) Click the "Advanced settings" link.

4) On the Monitor tab, click/change the drop-down button in the Colors field to be 16-bit as presumably it was not already this way if one is having this issue.

5) Click OK to close the display properties.

6) Click OK to return to the Control Panel.

or alternatively:

1) On any unused portion of your desktop,right click and then click on "Screen Resolution".

2) Click the "Advanced settings" link.

3) On the Monitor tab, click/change the drop-down button in the Colors field to be 16-bit as presumably it was not already this way if one is having this issue.

4) After, click OK to close the display properties.

5) Then click on the opened window's upper right "X" to close it.

I finally got it to download, and now, it won't fully install......something called PhysX system fails - over and over........the HD audio drivers installed, and the video update to 266.58 says it installed, but this one part consistently failed........I tried uninstalling all NVidia drivers, reinstalling, deleting everything, and downloading over again (twice), and it still fails......so, I guess I'll live with what I have until I get a blue screen or something.....

I finally got it to download, and now, it won't fully install......something called PhysX system fails - over and over........the HD audio drivers installed, and the video update to 266.58 says it installed, but this one part consistently failed........I tried uninstalling all NVidia drivers, reinstalling, deleting everything, and downloading over again (twice), and it still fails......so, I guess I'll live with what I have until I get a blue screen or something.....

Did you read about PhysX here? Make sure your anti-virus is off when you install ANY software.

IOW, it is not even something with which I should have been concerned. I guess what makes no sense to me is why would that thing be included in a driver update for people like me, who never had it to begin with? Now, it appears that my entire system has a problem, 'cause my hardware diagnostics just failed to complete........I will try to verify that this is not present, and see if I can just back up to where I used to be (even though I am totally mystified as to why the screen resolution should be so affected in what should be a non-video application).

I have exactly the same problem with creator 2010 on windows 7. I also have easy vhs to dvd which initially showed the same error. THis however works if you run the compatability wizard and then run in windows xp mode. Doesnt seem to work for Creator though. and it does say on the box its windows 7 compatable!

How strange. I had this problem many months ago, and finally gave up because there seems to be a real compatibility issue with Win7 32 Bit (I have Creator 2010)...........my video card is the NVidia GT220, with a very high screen resolution default, and most of what I want to see onscreen just doesn't fit, with the Label Creator's default (lower) settings.........I can't believe that Roxio has no fix for this.

Archived