Roxio 2011 Pro - Won't Burn Disks

Joe28

Question

I have used Roxio 2009 for several year and have found it to be very reliable product. I've burned disks of up to eight videowave productions that use up to 80% of DVD disk space without a hitch. I use Windows 97 and have two gigs of RAM and more than adequate hard disk free space. Recently, I upgraded to 2011 Pro and am having ongoing problems in burning disks. The projects are my own videowave projects and sometimes are only short productions (six to eight minutes). They either freeze up during disk burning or the program crashes with the message "videowave has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I have both re-installed the program (numerous times) and run the repair program function. I've even re-installed and run ROXIO 2009 to make sure it's not a computer issue. Could it be that there is a defect in the 2011 Pro program?

Ideas?

Joe

Tyically, I first save the production and close down My DVD. Then I bring it up again and use the burn button to burn directly to disk.

I'll try your suggestion later today.

Thanks,

Joe

I did try your suggestion this past weekend and had the same result. This time it stopped at 53% of completion (7 of 11 movies). I tried both a disk burn only and the a file save option with disk burn click off. I saved the file to my back-up storage (500 gigs) to ensure I wouldn't run out of space. In both cases, I am now recieving an error message that a movie file can't be found. When I try to just save the file it also gives the message that the "Direct x 9.0 not being insttalled".

To try and resolve the "movie file not found", I first clicked to find error and it borught up the entire production. I then brought up each production for any missing files and all files were there and the

productions ran fine. This is the first time I've seen either error message and I've not made any changes to the file.

I have been able to burn DVD's of the short production. However, the Microsoft error window appears at the end. To burn an addtional DVD, I have to close down the RX2011 and start over.

Thanks again for all of your help on this.

Joe

Sound like you have several issues!

How long in play time is the 11 movies your using?

I'm using 4.7 Gig capacity disks, and making standard DVD productions, so capacity is based on that disks size.

What is showing in the quality box when you tried a image file or burn to disc?

You can update your Direct x 9.0.. What operating system and service packs are you running?

Have you ran a repair? Put your installation disc in a DVD drive and when the installer offers a repair option choose it?

Sound like you have several issues!

How long in play time is the 11 movies your using?

40 minutes

What is showing in the quality box when you tried a image file or burn to disc?

I've tried both Fit to disc and High Quality

You can update your Direct x 9.0.. What operating system and service packs are you running?

Will try, I've not done this before. I'm running Windows XP

Have you ran a repair? Put your installation disc in a DVD drive and when the installer offers a repair option choose it?

I've put the disc in and run repair several times.

Play time 40 minutes

Update DiectX9 :Will try, I've not done this before. I'm running Windows XP

Play time 40 minutes

Update DiectX9 :Will try, I've not done this before. I'm running Windows XP

I ran repair again but could not figure out how to deal with the Directx 9.0 "not being installed" message. I would note that after running repair on RX2011 and trying to burn the large production, 11 videos, it froze at the same point (53% completion). I also cleared up more hard disk space -- now at 12 gigs -- and had the same result. And it should be noted that I only get the Directx 9.0 message when I try to just save to file and not burn the production. Last week I also ran all disk maintenace procedures.

Read the instructions. Download it to your hard drive, close any open programs, stop antivirus/firewall, then run the installation form your hard drive and reboot the pc.

Let us know how it goes.

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

I don't think so. I'll try again this evening and get back to you.

I uninstalled and re-installed the RX 2011 pro software. I have a Window XP operating system. The re-install included receiving the Sept 2010 patch. The software still crashed at the end of a DVD burn. Everything was operating normally up to that point. Frankly, I'm about ready to give up on 2011 Pro and go back to rx 2009.

SP what?

From Videowave, tools, options, are you set for Hardware or Software?

Try the other.

How long is this production in playing time and what quality setting are you using?

Will do on the Videowave setting. The production play time is about six minutes. Recording quality is set for high quality under a standard DVD recording setting. It really is a small production compared to what I've done under RX 2009. Those have involved as many as eight separate video productions (some as long as twelve minutes with overlays in the productions), overrighting the submenu commnand to keep all the video links on the first page, and replacing the standard intro page with a movie.

I have used Roxio 2009 for several year and have found it to be very reliable product. I've burned disks of up to eight videowave productions that use up to 80% of DVD disk space without a hitch. I use Windows 97 and have two gigs of RAM and more than adequate hard disk free space.

Joe,

You still haven't clarified what Operating System you're using, and there are a number of contradictions here:

Windows 97 won't run properly with 2 GB of RAM. Even Win98 chokes if you give it too much RAM.

Creator 2009 isn't compatible with Windows 7.

Creator 2009 was released two years back, so you can't have used it for several years.

Windows 7 was released in June 2009, less than two years back.

Would you please clarify these puzzles?

Brendon

I have used Roxio 2009 for several year and have found it to be very reliable product. I've burned disks of up to eight videowave productions that use up to 80% of DVD disk space without a hitch. I use Windows 97 and have two gigs of RAM and more than adequate hard disk free space. Recently, I upgraded to 2011 Pro and am having ongoing problems in burning disks. The projects are my own videowave projects and sometimes are only short productions (six to eight minutes). They either freeze up during disk burning or the program crashes with the message "videowave has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I have both re-installed the program (numerous times) and run the repair program function. I've even re-installed and run ROXIO 2009 to make sure it's not a computer issue. Could it be that there is a defect in the 2011 Pro program?

Ideas?

Joe

You did mean W-7 not w 97? :)

If the same disc's and projects work in C2009 but not in C2011 (same PC) it would seem to be a installation issue.

Have you tried uninstalling both C2009 and C2011 and just installing C2011?

Use the clean uninstall reinstall procedure found in my signature for the programs and operating systems used on.

You did mean W-7 not w 97? :)

If the same disc's and projects work in C2009 but not in C2011 (same PC) it would seem to be a installation issue.

Have you tried uninstalling both C2009 and C2011 and just installing C2011?

Use the clean uninstall reinstall procedure found in my signature for the programs and operating systems used on.

I did uninstall both 2011 and 2009. I even checked my disk space to make sure they were uninstalled. Then I only installed 2009. It worked fine. Then I unstalled 2009 and installed 2011. After experiencing the same problem with 2011 Pro, I then ran the program repair procedure. Still no change.

I did uninstall both 2011 and 2009. I even checked my disk space to make sure they were uninstalled. Then I only installed 2009. It worked fine. Then I unstalled 2009 and installed 2011. After experiencing the same problem with 2011 Pro, I then ran the program repair procedure. Still no change.

Did you use the clean uninstall reinstall procedure found in my signature for the programs and operating systems used on.?

I don't think so. I try again this evening and get back to you.

Joe,

You still haven't clarified what Operating System you're using, and there are a number of contradictions here:

Windows 97 won't run properly with 2 GB of RAM. Even Win98 chokes if you give it too much RAM.

Creator 2009 isn't compatible with Windows 7.

Creator 2009 was released two years back, so you can't have used it for several years.

Windows 7 was released in June 2009, less than two years back.

Would you please clarify these puzzles?

Brendon

Hi Brenda:

Sorry about the confusion. I'm running Windows XP. I purchased RX 2009 about a year and half ago. I did try the idea of switching from software to hardware on the tools setting but it didn't work. I reset to software and I then clicked on the Mircosoft "debug" button on the shut down advisory window when it popped up. And it worked for the small production. I was able to burn a DVD with no error messages. I then tried a multi-video production that I transfered over from RX 2009 but it froze up about 40% into the burn. I did take the step of editing each video production in rx 2011. The project has ten videos and uses up all but 4:00 minutes of a DVD runtime. I will try splitting the prodcution into two DVD's to see if that works. Thanks for all of your help.

Joe

The project has ten videos and uses up all but 4:00 minutes of a DVD runtime.

How do you arrive at "uses up all but 4:00 minutes of a DVD runtime"?

How long is the production run time?

And please don't tell us "all but 4:00 minutes of a DVD runtime"!

How do you arrive at "uses up all but 4:00 minutes of a DVD runtime"?

How long is the production run time?

And please don't tell us "all but 4:00 minutes of a DVD runtime"!

I'm not at my home computer but the DVD Creator Screen includes run time and a bar near the bottem that shows time available on the DVD. The production I'm working on has a runtime of about 40 minutes.

I'm not at my home computer but the DVD Creator Screen includes run time and a bar near the bottem that shows time available on the DVD. The production I'm working on has a runtime of about 40 minutes.

This application is called MY DVD is it what your talking about?

If so what are your other settings that effect the time at the bottom? :rolleyes:

post-97-090462900 1296228371.jpg

Yep, except that when video productions are added, a bar at the bottem shows DVD capacity used. I'll send an image when I'm back at my computer later today.

Yep, except that when video productions are added, a bar at the bottem shows DVD capacity used. I'll send an image when I'm back at my computer later today.

You do understand that bar changes with the two pop-up box settings I showed in that pic?

You do understand that bar changes with the two pop-up box settings I showed in that pic?

Sorry I didn't see the bar until I clicked on it to enlarge. I'm using 4.7 Gig capacity disks, and making standard DVD productions, so capacity is based on that disks size.

Archived