• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sonic Tmp Folders

Rip in Glendale

Question

I periodically clean out %TEMP% anyway, but the one thing that I continually find there are temp folders like Sonic1.tmp, Sonic2.tmp, etc. Based on what I see, they're created every time I power on the machine, possibly a couple of folders each time. The folders are created whether or not I use a Roxio app, and I disabled the startup helper long ago, so I can't imagine what's creating them. Everything works OK, but the tmp folders are annoying.

Thanks for any suggestions. I'm a computer programmer and comfortable with registry manipulation and behind-the-scenes fixes. I've used CCleaner, but always left any Roxio references that weren't clearly for a prior version alone.

Current Configuration:

Dell Studio XPS Core i7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Roxio Creator 2010

1 answer to this question

Hello,

I think you'll find they're created by CPMONITOR.exe as it starts up. On my machine they appear when cpmonitor is in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, and don't appear when I remove it from the startup.

Regards,

Brendon