Roxio Usb Video Capture Connectors

Penny

Question

I am using RC2010 with Roxio video capture device. It is connected to a VCR with composite video and audio out connections - all works fine. The VCR also has a s-video connection but when I try to use this connection I only get audio. I am only trying to use the S-Video because I thought it gave better results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Penny

3 answers to this question

"...S-Video (Separated Video often referred to as "Super-Video") is a video interface standard found on most audiovisual equipment today. S-Video is a step up from standard composite video, which uses a yellow RCA jack and RCA cable, while S-Video utilizes a mini-DIN plug and S-Video cable. When connecting equipment that has both options, one can choose to use S-Video...."

You need to feed the audio as well - S-Video only peplaces the composite video output - it doesn't do anything with audio

"...S-Video (Separated Video often referred to as "Super-Video") is a video interface standard found on most audiovisual equipment today. S-Video is a step up from standard composite video, which uses a yellow RCA jack and RCA cable, while S-Video utilizes a mini-DIN plug and S-Video cable. When connecting equipment that has both options, one can choose to use S-Video...."

You need to feed the audio as well - S-Video only peplaces the composite video output - it doesn't do anything with audio

When I have the red/white/yellow rca connectors connected. I get audio and video. But if I change the rca video connector to the S-video

connection, I only get audio and yes I changed the option from composite to s-video. any ideas?