• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Menus Created In Mydvd (Creator 2010)

Tiz

Question

I cannot get the menu to work on burnt DVDs. When I used one menu template, a little square shape showed up as I would scroll through the menu with my remote that was not lined up with the visual menu. On other templates, I cannot get the button or text select to work at all. I have traded emails with Roxio who have had been completely wipe and re-install, but still not working. (My old Creator 8 worked - not great, but worked.) Other than what I have read - burning in HD - is there a solution?

VideoWave works fine creating the videos. MyDVD works fine in Preview. If only I could get Preview burnt on my DVD.

Does anyone know whether there is a individual limit on the size of video clips added to menus? Any ideas on how to get MyDVD to work other than using a different product?

2 answers to this question

I cannot get the menu to work on burnt DVDs. When I used one menu template, a little square shape showed up as I would scroll through the menu with my remote that was not lined up with the visual menu. On other templates, I cannot get the button or text select to work at all. I have traded emails with Roxio who have had been completely wipe and re-install, but still not working. (My old Creator 8 worked - not great, but worked.) Other than what I have read - burning in HD - is there a solution?

VideoWave works fine creating the videos. MyDVD works fine in Preview. If only I could get Preview burnt on my DVD.

Does anyone know whether there is a individual limit on the size of video clips added to menus? Any ideas on how to get MyDVD to work other than using a different product?

Time is the enemy ! How much in terms of time are you trying to get on a single layer DVD? Any more than one hour will result in degradation of the appearance. As you approach 2 hours, the appearance will be crappy and the menus will be a problem.