• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Nightmare Problems With Win7

Bink

Question

Hello,

I'm not new to Roxio, I was a customer, oh my...! Got to be over 10 years ago now. I recently dumpt Nero for Creator 2011, one was the price and the other was the features were what I needed, installation was a walk in the park, installed everything which was mistake N#1. Then for no reason I lost RAID0 and I thought no way can this be because I installed RC2011.

Then BSOD...! a few blue words coupled with a panic and the re-images my entire system again. Reinstalled RC2011, then restated and what happened...? Lost RAID0 again. So I thought this cannot be because, of the image as there is nothing wrong with it. So I run another image, this time it was a new image with just the OS without the drivers. Reinstalled RC2011, registered again, which I forgot to mention at the started registered then lost the RAID0.

So now this is the third install and reinstalled RC2011 registered and it happened again. Now I know for certain these image files are not corrupt. I can reimage either Gold Build\New Install\ or Gold Build\Full Install\ the difference between the two images is the fact that new is well explains itself. The other one is all the drivers for the system.

I have so far installed and registered 3 times. I an now afraid to install another one because this will show as being registered four times which is a joke to be honest. This is a clean installed of Windows 7 all the drivers are installed and no signs of any problems with the RAID at all. If this is RC2011 causing this to happen I'll eat my hat because if I reinstall again and the same problem happens again, then it's going back to PC World and I'm demanding my money back.

Just in case you ask. OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

6 answers to this question

Raid explained. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

I would contact support,

* Telephone Support: Free for Creator 2011 customers during normal business hours* at 877-793-7471 (North America only).

*Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST.

IMO it's a PC problem not a Software problem.

Hello,

I'm not new to Roxio, I was a customer, oh my...! Got to be over 10 years ago now. I recently dumpt Nero for Creator 2011, one was the price and the other was the features were what I needed, installation was a walk in the park, installed everything which was mistake N#1. Then for no reason I lost RAID0 and I thought no way can this be because I installed RC2011.

Then BSOD...! a few blue words coupled with a panic and the re-images my entire system again. Reinstalled RC2011, then restated and what happened...? Lost RAID0 again. So I thought this cannot be because, of the image as there is nothing wrong with it. So I run another image, this time it was a new image with just the OS without the drivers. Reinstalled RC2011, registered again, which I forgot to mention at the started registered then lost the RAID0.

So now this is the third install and reinstalled RC2011 registered and it happened again. Now I know for certain these image files are not corrupt. I can reimage either Gold Build\New Install\ or Gold Build\Full Install\ the difference between the two images is the fact that new is well explains itself. The other one is all the drivers for the system.

I have so far installed and registered 3 times. I an now afraid to install another one because this will show as being registered four times which is a joke to be honest. This is a clean installed of Windows 7 all the drivers are installed and no signs of any problems with the RAID at all. If this is RC2011 causing this to happen I'll eat my hat because if I reinstall again and the same problem happens again, then it's going back to PC World and I'm demanding my money back.

Just in case you ask. OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Is the Raid 0 array your operating system drive?

I have C2011 Pro installed on a W-7 Ultimate x64 running a Raid 0 array but not my OS Drive and haven't had any problems.

Is your Mother Board a NVIDIA nForce Based Board?

Are the drivers up to date for that?

Oh...? Good question not at my PC in work... I'm sure it's two SEAGATE 500GB RAID0 Stripe. I'm posative they are 500FB because if you plit the RAID0 in two you get 465.8GB which 1TB when added together and added the 10% of the HDD you don't see.

I think 1TB is a bit of a data corruption risk and I might re-image and cut the RAID0 in half. This will be 465.8GB for each HDD. This is within the recommended amount for Windows and RAID0.

Which is the OS on. Good question, as this is RAID0 Stripe and I'm using the whole HDD it would be on RAID0 and RAID1 would be the other HDD.

Oops mother board, ASUS Rampage Extreme (I) INTEL Chipset. I did at one time cut the drive in half and run the OS on one Array And all the software on another Array, but Windows get a little confused when you don't use the active HDD for the OS when installing software.

Raid explained. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

I would contact support,

* Telephone Support: Free for Creator 2011 customers during normal business hours* at 877-793-7471 (North America only).

*Monday - Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST.

IMO it's a PC problem not a Software problem.

Everything is working fine now, the problem was with the RAID. I re-imaged the entire system from scratch, created two separate RAID's OS RAID MAIN RAID which is used as a spare RAID. installed again and running like a dream. Even my score has gone up mainly because the RAID is smaller and faster.

Edited to get reply out of the quote.

Archived