• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2011 Problems

Frustrated396

Question

I have used Roxio Easy CD and DVD for many years to burn CDs. However, I wanted a program to download video from my Canon HD camcorder, so I purchased Creator 2011. I've had several problems with it beginning with not being able to capture video from the camera. After several communications with tech support over a few days time period, one of the reps advised that I unplug all USB devices from the computer. I didn't unplug them all; I started with my webcam. Problem solved -- I have to unplug the webcam whenever I download movies.

That was just the start of my problems. I have communicated with tech support on other issues over a period of a couple of weeks, but never received a solution that would work or that I can understand. I kept trying on my own and re-installed Creator a few times. I am finally able to burn DVDs in regular format and also in AVCHD, but couldn't play them on the computer -- just on a DVD or Blu-Ray player. I finally was able to cut a DVD in regular format and can play it on the computer also. I burned a DVD in AVCHD and can play it on my Blu-Ray player and only on the computer using Roxio since it has a format that Windows Media Player doesn't recognize. So if you don't have Roxio on all your computers, you can't play it on them. Also the quality of the AVCHD is not good at all. It lost a lot of resolution and the video and audio are out of sync. Encoding movies was a problem, but it works sometimes. Also, after encoding and burning a DVD, I have to shut down the computer to encode and burn another one.

I guess I'll abandon this program and look for another one that is more user-friendly and compatible with Windows 7. Before I purchased this program, I did ask if it was compatible with Windows 7 and was assured that it was. I was using ImageMixer which came with the camera, but since I have a new computer with Windows 7, it doesn't work as well as it did on my old operating system (VISTA). I'm tired of trying to get all the kinks worked out.

10 answers to this question

What are you capturing with??? Sounds like the Roxio USB device…

I have only had to disable a web came with the V2D software, NEVER with Creator 2011.

In order to PLAY an BD or AVCHD on your PC, the Roxio BD Playback Plug-in is required… But since almost all BD Burners or ROM drives come with playback software, most people don’t need the Plug-in. I guess you don’t have a BD Burner or ROM... If not, an AVCHD disc will play with CinePlayer.

The program is completely compatible with Win7, all versions. So was Creator 2010.

There are plenty of us on the Forums with years of experience. If you want some help, we are more than willing!

However you will have to provide a lot more details than you have ;)

This would be a good place to start: HERE

I have used Roxio Easy CD and DVD for many years to burn CDs. However, I wanted a program to download video from my Canon HD camcorder, so I purchased Creator 2011. I've had several problems with it beginning with not being able to capture video from the camera. After several communications with tech support over a few days time period, one of the reps advised that I unplug all USB devices from the computer. I didn't unplug them all; I started with my webcam. Problem solved -- I have to unplug the webcam whenever I download movies.

That was just the start of my problems. I have communicated with tech support on other issues over a period of a couple of weeks, but never received a solution that would work or that I can understand. I kept trying on my own and re-installed Creator a few times. I am finally able to burn DVDs in regular format and also in AVCHD, but couldn't play them on the computer -- just on a DVD or Blu-Ray player. I finally was able to cut a DVD in regular format and can play it on the computer also. I burned a DVD in AVCHD and can play it on my Blu-Ray player and only on the computer using Roxio since it has a format that Windows Media Player doesn't recognize. So if you don't have Roxio on all your computers, you can't play it on them. Also the quality of the AVCHD is not good at all. It lost a lot of resolution and the video and audio are out of sync. Encoding movies was a problem, but it works sometimes. Also, after encoding and burning a DVD, I have to shut down the computer to encode and burn another one.

I guess I'll abandon this program and look for another one that is more user-friendly and compatible with Windows 7. Before I purchased this program, I did ask if it was compatible with Windows 7 and was assured that it was. I was using ImageMixer which came with the camera, but since I have a new computer with Windows 7, it doesn't work as well as it did on my old operating system (VISTA). I'm tired of trying to get all the kinks worked out.

If your HD camcorder uses a Hard Drive or a flash drive then there is no need to unplug anaything. Windows should recognize the camcorder as just another USB device and you can simply copy the video from the camcorder to to hard drive using Windows Explorer. You don't need any Roxio capture for this at all.

Your play-back problems all have to do with not having the correct hardware or plugins to play the AVCHD or BlueRay. Getting another program package will make no difference.

You have not given any information other then you have W7, so we cannot offer any reasons for your encoding problems.

I got tired of trying to get the program to work correctly and haven't done anything in several days.

However, capturing the video is the least of my worries since I can do it by unplugging the webcam. If you are not supposed to use Roxio to import video, then why do they include it with their software?

I just want to know why the resolution of the video is so poor when I burn an AVCHD and why the video and audio are out of sync.

I didn't have any problems using the ImageMixer software that came with my camcorder until I got a new computer with Windows 7 and it was no longer compatible. They did provide some updates which fixed most of the problems, but it won't eject the disk after it is burned. I have to shut down my computer to get the disk out. I was able to capture video and burn very good resolution DVDs, I just can't get the disc out. That's why I decided to buy Creator 2011.

I'm sorry if I 'don't make sense' with my communications, but I am explaining it the best way I can. I am not a computer technician, just an average computer user.

I have a Canon Vixia HF S10 camera that I connected to my pc via a USB cable. When I try to capture video using Roxio, it doesn't do anything; the program just hangs up and doesn't respond. The only way to clear it is to shut down the computer. After getting advice from the tech support online, one rep suggested that I unplug my USB devices because one of them might be interfering with the capture. After I unplugged the webcam, the capture worked. I might also add that my old program that came with the camera, ImageMixer, captures video without having to unplug anything. You just select the device that you want to use from a drop-down list. It is an older software and there are still problems with Windows 7 compatibility, which is why I wanted a new program.

My computer is a Dell Studio XPS 9000 with an Intel Core i7-920 processor (8mb L3 Cache 2.66GHz) with 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066 MHz and a 1.5 TB Serial ATA 2 hard drive 7200 RPM, AMD Radeon 5450 (1GB) with Windows 7 Home Premium. I also have dual DVD drives with DVDRW. The computer is about 6 months old and I have not made any changes to the computer since I installed Creator 2011.

After burning a DVD in regular format, I can play it on the TV via the DVD player and I can play it on any computer - no problem with that. I then burned a DVD in AVCHD and can play it on the TV via a Blu-Ray player, but only on my computer using CinePlayer. However, I would like to give copies of the DVD to family members, but they will not be able to play it on their computer since they don't have Roxio. I realize that they need a Blu-Ray player to play it on their TV. I don't know what you mean by the Roxio BD Playback plug-in.

I was finally able to burn in AVCHD, but the quality of the AVCHD recording is poor. It looks like regular resolution instead of high definition and the video and audio are out of sync. What could cause that? When it is encoding the movie during the burn process, it hesitates occasionally. What other information would you need?

However, capturing the video is the least of my worries since I can do it by unplugging the webcam. If you are not supposed to use Roxio to import video, then why do they include it with their software?

I just want to know why the resolution of the video is so poor when I burn an AVCHD and why the video and audio are out of sync.

Most users have no issues capturing or importing videos. With the Canon HF S10, you don't 'capture' because it uses the USB port. As Jim points out, you don't even need any additional software. Just use Window's Explorer to transfer the video files to your internal hard drive.

AVCHD discs can only be played on the computer or a Bluray player. How are you playing the disc back?

“Import” and “Capture” are 2 entirely different terms and they are not interchangeable! Very few programs can capture in HD, including Roxio.

Capture is ‘included’ because no one who owns a camcorder that uses TAPE can import anything! They must capture… Likewise many want to convert thier VHS Tapes into digital and Capture is the only way...

I bought my first camcorder in 1980 so I do have a little experience with this. But if you are unwilling to try any suggestions, there is little point is making any :(

If you will get a disc or 2 of DVD RW, and are willing, we can give you a couple of simple projects to try.

I have a Canon Vixia HF S10 camera that I connected to my pc via a USB cable. When I try to capture video using Roxio, it doesn't do anything; the program just hangs up and doesn't respond. The only way to clear it is to shut down the computer. After getting advice from the tech support online, one rep suggested that I unplug my USB devices because one of them might be interfering with the capture. After I unplugged the webcam, the capture worked. I might also add that my old program that came with the camera, ImageMixer, captures video without having to unplug anything. You just select the device that you want to use from a drop-down list. It is an older software and there are still problems with Windows 7 compatibility, which is why I wanted a new program.

My computer is a Dell Studio XPS 9000 with an Intel Core i7-920 processor (8mb L3 Cache 2.66GHz) with 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066 MHz and a 1.5 TB Serial ATA 2 hard drive 7200 RPM, AMD Radeon 5450 (1GB) with Windows 7 Home Premium. I also have dual DVD drives with DVDRW. The computer is about 6 months old and I have not made any changes to the computer since I installed Creator 2011.

After burning a DVD in regular format, I can play it on the TV via the DVD player and I can play it on any computer - no problem with that. I then burned a DVD in AVCHD and can play it on the TV via a Blu-Ray player, but only on my computer using CinePlayer. However, I would like to give copies of the DVD to family members, but they will not be able to play it on their computer since they don't have Roxio. I realize that they need a Blu-Ray player to play it on their TV. I don't know what you mean by the Roxio BD Playback plug-in.

I was finally able to burn in AVCHD, but the quality of the AVCHD recording is poor. It looks like regular resolution instead of high definition and the video and audio are out of sync. What could cause that? When it is encoding the movie during the burn process, it hesitates occasionally. What other information would you need?

As I said earlier, you do not capture the video using any Roxio program. This what is recommended:

Connect the camcorder to a computer with a USB cable. Camcorder in PC mode. Be sure to connect the AC power supply, too. The camcorder memory should mount like any other external mass storage device. Copy the video files to the computer.

This sentence does not make any sense: "I then burned a DVD in AVCHD and can play it on the TV via a Blu-Ray player, but only on my computer using CinePlayer".

You of course also need a BD player to play the AVCHD on your computer system.

Most users have no issues capturing or importing videos. With the Canon HF S10, you don't 'capture' because it uses the USB port. As Jim points out, you don't even need any additional software. Just use Window's Explorer to transfer the video files to your internal hard drive.

AVCHD discs can only be played on the computer or a Bluray player. How are you playing the disc back?

Don't you also need the PlugIn to play AVCHD DVD on the computer? I don't know if the OP has that.

Don't you also need the PlugIn to play AVCHD DVD on the computer? I don't know if the OP has that.

I do not believe so...

I have one system with 2010 and no BD Drive. CinePlayer shows 'AVCHD' and will play them in the DVD Player. I do not recall if I ever added teh PC Player Plug-in to that one. I know Blu-ray does Not show up on CinePlayer.

Archived